26

Taehyung is waiting for Jungkook at the school gate. The latter was talking to Yugyeom not far away, and they looked serious about it.

Earlier, Jungkook had asked Taehyung to come with him to his house so they could pick a suit for the prom, and Taehyung had agreed hesistantly. It will be his first prom night and he's nervous, especially Jeon Jungkook will be his companion.

They walked out together after class, but when they reached the gate, Yugyeom spotted them and asked the raven head, "Where were you all weekend?"

And that started the serious talk they are having right now at a safe distance from Taehyung. The brunette was fidgeting at his spot while thinking about Yugyeom getting mad at Jungkook and accusing them of cheating.

But why is he worried? He remembered the night Jungkook kissed him. For god's sake Jungkook initiated the kiss! Could it be possible that Jungkook likes him too? And maybe Jungkook and Yugyeom are just friends? Aishh, my head hurts from thinking too much! Taehyung smacks his forehead and winced at the force.

The brunette was interrupted from his thoughts when he heard a chuckle from Yugyeom. Taehyung widens his eyes at the sight of Yugyeom smiling at him and a pokerfaced Jungkook approaching him.

The brunette was waiting for a shout or curse from Yugyeom but the said male just kept on smiling.

"Let's go, Tae" Jungkook took Taehyung's hand and both of them walked to the gate. The latter looked at Yugyeom again but still, he had this shit-eating grin on his face.

"Enjoy you two!" Yugyeom shouted and chuckled after them.

Taehyung being confused is an understatement, he is dumbfounded. He had no idea what's with Yugyeom and he stared at Jungkook.

"What?" Jungkook asked him, not looking at his eyes.

"He's not mad?"

"Uhm, why would he be mad?"

"I mean, you and him. Y-you know what I mean? He's not mad that you're with me?"

"No, he was just curious where I was during the weekend. He doesn't mind me hanging out with you." Jungkook answered nonchalantly.

"But why?" Taehyung is still not convinced.

"Tae we're just friends. We both realized we don't love each other anymore. And we both liked someone else now..." Jungkook retorted, his voice faltering at the end and his face getting red.

Taehyung didn't respond at that. He's not the kind of person who assumes, since it will only hurt him in the end. So he chose to keep quiet during their walk, mind trying to focus since their hands are still clasped together.

Still he can't control his flustered state and his face is blushing red until the tip of his ears. It was just a kiss! Don't think there's something between you two! He scolds himself.

Jungkook is also deep in thought, mind also drifting to the day after he and Taehyung had kissed.

The boys were packing their things that morning and were also getting ready to go home. Jungkook, who was already finished, thought of walking by the seashore with Taehyung. He wanted to share a peaceful moment with the latter.