05.

"Ray!" Lance was forced to babysit again and it was sunday, which also meant Rebecca had the day off so she left to go visit her daughter for a baby shower a little ways past Albuquerque earlier that same morning. Ray had gotten back from staying with their aunt last night, lucky little shit had some peace and quiet for awhile (two days at the most, missing school on friday). The kid was spoiled rotten, come on. All of his siblings were. Lance sort of felt like a shitty brother though because he hadn't even realized his 6th sibling was missing until yesterday when he arrived home from Walmart with his mother. Apparently when he was out cold in his room that same thursday, Ray had snuck off and came back only to tell Rebecca that their Aunt Rosa wanted to take him for awhile.

Anya screamed as she ran down the stairs, saying that Ray tried to shoot her with his nerf gun that his father had gotten him as a present.

Lance slowly grew fed up all of them.

The twins, his three brothers, and his snobby little shit of a sister. He needed to catch a break somehow, "Who wants to go to the park?!

He then heard the footsteps of the five children running down the stairs, Lance braced himself for impact seeing as he'll be tackled to the floor. Sure enough, they all jumped on him except for Emily who came down slowly after. She blinked at her older brother who was on the floor, "Mama said not to take us anywhere."

"Yeah, well mamá ain't gonna know if we don't tell her." Lance replied, all the kids clapped and cheered. Lance wanted to punch his sister in the face, her being in her mood and hitting that edgy emo phase made his blood boil. Emily sighed, "Can I just stay home?"

"No, you need sunlight as much as the rest of us do."

It took a bit of arguing but everyone was in the backseat of Lance's truck, he made Emily sit in the back while Matt was the next one to get shotgun. The twins sat close to one another taking up one section of the seat, ray in the middle, and Mateo on Emily's lap. Lance made sure to count this time and make sure he didn't forget anyone because god knows what his mother sophiá and his father robertó would do if she found one of her children under the age of 12 home alone while under Lance's supervision.

He'd be in trouble all over again.

While on his way to the park, he thought about the conversation that Keith and himself shared before Keith had disappeared back into the store, Lance following until he went another direction. Within the five minutes of them speaking, he had learned two things about Keith:

One being that he works at WalMart on weekends.

Two being that the guy with the mullet smokes cigarettes when he's alone.

Lance really wasn't happy either of those two things, especially the cigarette smoking. Why couldn't Keith just smoke weed like any other teenager these days? He had lost plenty of his relatives to lung cancer already and he knew how much that sucked, so he thought that Shiro wouldn't want to lose his little brother so soon. Lance parked the truck as all the kids hurried to get out, hopefully no one would fucking kidnap them. Mama always told the McClain siblings that they were too irritating to be around so their captors would just return them before getting too far.

"Ray, Mateo!" Lance shouted, seeing that the two were already pushing off one another on the equipment, luckily there were no other kids around on this sunday afternoon. Lance sat down in the grass keeping a close eye on his siblings as they all played, Emily going to sit up against a tree on the other side of the park. Lance sighed, pulling out his phone as he began to text his friends a small 'hey' or 'you free later?' before putting his phone away.

"Hey Lance," A voice startled him as he turned around to see Jimmy from school. Lance smiled, "Hey Jim. What's up?"

"Nothing much, I suppose you brought your siblings to play like I did."