16.

This story is almost at 3k views and i have almost 240 votes!! you guys are amazing, thank you so much. I love you!!

-

"Keith!" Shiro's eyes shot open as he sat up from his bed quickly, his head nearly colliding with the ceiling as his eyes darted back and forth across the room. Shiro was still half asleep as he climbed down the ladder of the bunkbed, he was so damn tired from practice and with filling out college applications that he was barely making sense with what he was doing. Shiro squinted his eyes as he looked closer at Keith's bed, it was made from earlier's cleaning and that's when he remembered the two had a fight just hours earlier which resulted in kicking Keith out to the living room for the night.

Shiro really had no idea why he woke so suddenly, it was 4 in the morning and school didn't start for another three hours. A nightmare, maybe? Shiro has those a lot but he never tells his little brother, he doesn't need Keith worrying about him next, right? The oldest was always supposed to look out for their younger siblings and reassure them in the time of doubt. Shiro opened the room door, trying his best to be as silent as possible as he made his way into the dark living room. The moonlight was shining through the balcony door and the blinds, casting shadows that seemed to dance around the room each time a car drove by with their brights on. He yawned as he moved toward the direction of the couch, his feet echoing a soft thump beneath him.

"Keith?" Shiro rubbed his eyes before he scanned over the room realizing his little brother wasn't in there. The balcony? No, Keith only sleeps out there when the stars are out. His mother's room? He could check but that would alert his mother that her younger son was missing and it'd cause a bigger scene. Right now, Shiro was hoping that Keith pulled a Ke$ha and crashed in the bathtub with a tub of ice cream. Shiro checked the whole apartment and there was no sign of Keith any where. The stairs outside their door? That's the last place Shiro checked.

Keith was gone.

Shiro made his way back to his room, shutting the door before dialing Keith's number. Keith, well he was drunk off his ass when he heard his phone ringing from his back pocket. He was currently playing beer pong with Russell, Thace, and a few of their other friends; Ulaz, Spike, and Rolo. Weird names for a group, huh? They were all 22-25, well technically Rolo was only 19 but that didn't stop the two from drinking with the other four the entire time. Keith giggled as he stepped away from the counter, telling the 5 that he needed to answer this (and for them to shut up at the same time). Keith put the phone to his ear, "Yes?"

"Where the fuck are you?" Shiro spat into the phone, trying to keep himself from raising his voice. Keith laughed, "Brother from the same mother, what's up?" as he dragged the 'u' on a bit longer than he intended to. Shiro grew impatient, "I'm coming after you, where the hell are you?!"

Shiro wasn't silent anymore, he was yelling into the phone. Keith jumped as he pulled the phone away from his ear, "I'm fineee, it's only 2."

"It's 4. Come home right now."

"Oh shit." that was all Keith said before he turned to the five that sat with curiousity in their eyes. Shiro gritted his teeth, "Keith. Fucking. Kogane. Are you drunk right now?"

"I'm safe." Keith said, avoiding his older brother's question.

"You have 5 seconds or else I'm waking up mom, we'll both be looking for you."

"I-I'm.. downstairs." Keith whispered, looking down at his shoes as he sniffled. Drunk Keith was a mess much like his sober self. Shiro didn't say anything after that, instead you could hear a door being swung open and the sound of footsteps. Keith sighed as he walked over to the stool to grab his jacket, "Where you heading?"