36.

Moving on.

It was something that Lance and Keith both wanted to do, but it was hard for them. They were both coping very differently- Keith would cry, holding the photograph to his chest as he listened to the Nirvana CD that Lance had given him awhile back. Lance would lash out at anyone who asked about the two ex-lovers, telling them that it was none of their business and for them to fuck off. Keith missed Lance, probably more than words could ever explain. He missed the soft kisses he'd recieve any time of the day, especially when he was upset. He missed Lance singing him to sleep and playing with his hair, he even missed the god damn puns that Lance used to make all the time. He thought he was pathetic, he knew he was pathetic.

It's amazing at how easily attached you can get to someone, it's actually sickening.

How you could wait every second of the day just for them to call you or even shoot you just a simple text. How you love hearing about their day and constant reminders that they loved you- whether it was platonic or not. How you love hearing their likes and dislikes, what their favorite thing is and how easily all of it can come crashing down within a matter of seconds. You could fight with them all you want but at the end of the day, you still want that person and are willing to fight for them no matter.

That was how Keith felt but he wasn't going to fight for Lance any time soon, this was his reality and he was forced to deal with it as much as he didn't like it. Same goes for Lance.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here for you, Keith."

It had been a month since the two broke up, Shiro was the one to pick up the pieces of his broken brother. He actually hated his best friend right now for what he did to Keith, so much for being the best man at the wedding (jokes aha). Keith had just got done sobbing again, his older brother holding him for comfort as Keith sniffled, "I miss my Lance so much, Shiro. Why did I let him go so easily- I'm so stupid!"

"You're not stupid, Keith. You were angry and hurt at the time, you still are." Shiro sighed, patting his brother on the back. Keith wiped his nose, "Do you think he misses me too?"

"He does, you're all he talks about with Hunk apparently."

"Fuck," Keith mumbled under his breath, falling back against the couch before glancing down to Shiro's t-shirt, "I'm sorry for getting snot on your shirt." Shiro laughed softly before speaking again, "It's fine, I've officially made this my 'comforting keith' shirt anyways."

Keith punched his arm, "Shut up, dude."

Like Lance, he laid on the floor in his room just staring blankly at the ceiling. A whole 'nother month with out Keith was really taking it's toll on him, he hardly showered and let alone slept. He sighed to himself, rolling onto his stomach before he reached out for his phone. Hunk was practically the only friend that checked up on him now, everyone turned their backs on Lance upon hearing about the dare. Even Micheal denied setting up the whole thing, saying something along the lines about Lance just wanting to get back at him for hurting Keith a long time ago.

Sad thing is, everyone believed him which made Lance feel worse.

You could only imagine how much things went downhill from there. Lance being the depressed mess he was, started pill popping again along with downing them with the liquor hidden underneath the kitchen sink behind all the cleaning supplies. That was a major setback for him, it was only a matter of time before he starts coping in more unhealthier ways than this. His siblings were scared for him, they had never seen their big brother in such a vunerable mindset that they did everything they possibly could to cheer him up.

Lance just wasn't the same, and everyone missed him because he would always be the one to cheer them up on their darkest days.

"Hey Keith," Lance decided to call up his ex after feeling lonely, "I know that we haven't spoken in awhile- I still miss you and it's pathetic but fuck, at least let me be your friend again. I'm tired of all the nasty looks I get at school especially from the people I've considered my friends for years, I know I fucked up big time and you forgave me for it but no one else seems to get it!" Lance paused before speaking again, "You don't even have to get back with me, I just miss talking to you so much that it hurts and- you know what- just, er, nevermind. Forget I even called, later."