31.

i am emotionally unstable after the new s3 trailer. ok, i literally have anxiety bc of this season, i'm so scared. hold m e .

-

"When is daddy coming home? Do you think he got lost on his way back?"

Anya was the first to speak the entire morning, all seven of the McClain siblings were gathered around the table after they finished their breakfast. Emily was braiding Anya's hair while the little girl picked at her pudding, Ayla sat on the floor dressing up her doll, occasionally tugging on Emily's shorts to show her. Ray played with his power ranger action figures with Mateo and Matt all while Lance remained on his phone, patiently waiting for a text from his boyfriend. Lance looked up afterward, staring at his little sister with a frown. Of course, he had forgotten to tell his siblings about their father's second family awhile back.

"Yeah, when is papá coming home? I miss him." Ray set down his action figure as he glanced to his older brother for a response. Emily let go of Anya's hair before walking to her little brother's side, "Papá- well, he is a very busy man. I'm sure he'll be home soon, don't worry. Right, Lance?"

"Listen, about the whole situation with- er, dad.." Lance began, "He's not coming back any time soon, sorry guys. He has another family now somewhere out in Colorado."

"Oh." Matt's face fell as he got up from the table, "I'm just- gonna go back to my room, ok Lance?"

"Matt, wait-" Lance frowned, watching his younger brother disappear back upstairs. Emily fell silent, moving behind her little sister to finish braiding her hair. Ayla got up from the floor, picking up her dolls in the process, "I'm gonna go put these away, I don't want to play anymore."

Lance sighed, rubbing at his temple. He was a bit too harsh when breaking the news to them, surely he ruined everyone's day. Ray and Mateo didn't even bother to look at him, instead they just got up and disappeared upstairs to go play in Mateo's room. Emily was the most pissed off out of all of them, she'd be lying if she said that she wasn't a Daddy's girl like Lance is the biggest mama's boy known to man. Her father spoiled her rotten, always made sure she had what she needed and was there when she needed to talk to someone. It hurt her the most to say the least, she practically blamed herself for probably being a bit too much for this family. After she was done, she helped Anya off the chair and gestured her to leave the room.

She left within a matter of seconds, probably going out to pick the flowers that had began growing in front of the house. Emily frowned, "You didn't have to be so harsh, Lance. They're only kids."

"You're a kid too. Besides, they deserve to know."

"But-"

"Emily, please," Lance rubbed his eyes, "I've had a lot on my mind and I really don't feel like arguing with you."

"I'm not trying to argue, Lance." Emily was growing infuriated with her brother by the second. She pressed her palms against the table, "All I'm saying is that you could've let them down easily, have you no regard to anyone's feelings but your own? I don't want them to think this shitty family is broken like I think it is. Sometimes, I can't even begin to imagine how Keith feels-"

"Leave my boyfriend out of this!" Lance snapped, standing up from the table as he glared at his younger sister. Matt had to cover Ayla's ears, poor girl almost started crying because of how loud the two were yelling at one another. Emily rolled her eyes, "Like you care about him! I've heard your talks on the phone with this Micheal kid numerous times, you're fucked up, Lance. Playing someone's emotions for money?"

"It was a mistake, Emily. I called that off! Leave my relationship alone, instead let's talk about how you-"

"We don't need to talk about me, Lance!" Emily grumbled, she was on the verge of tears already. If anything, her brother was pushing her over the edge. It was only a matter of time before she cracked, "No, you know what? I'm tired of your snarky remarks, and acting like you're the oldest and wisest person out there but guess what? You're not. You're just some thirteen year old that talks a lot of shit and not to mention is fucking selfish. Sometimes, I wish I had a better younger sister."