11.

hi totally random but i just wanna ask what you guys think of this fic so far and how did you find it? idk, I'm just really curious omg.

-

When Lance awoke, he wasn't feeling alright. His chest felt like it was being crushed and his stomach had a sinking feeling to it which made it worse, maybe it was just one of those days. He hadn't felt this way in awhile, he had been doing so good for the past 2 years or so but then again he'd have his moments where he just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry, but then again what kind of human being doesn't feel like doing that every now and then? It was all part of being a functioning human being and dealing with certain emotions.

"Lance?" Ray pushed open his door gently as he peeked into the room, his brown eyes trying to navigate through the darkness of his older brother's room. Lance shifted slightly when he heard his little brother call out for him, turning over just enough to where they could meet eyes. Ray sighed, pushing back his brown hair as he pulled down his shirt, "Mama asked if you'd take her to walmart, and she said to get up. It's like 2 already."

"Yeah, I guess." Lance replied but his voice came out as more of a whisper, as he watched his little brother disappear again. It took another five minutes of Lance laying around just wallowing in self-pity before he was able to get dressed and leave his room. The house had an uneasy vibe to it and he guessed right when he walked in on his parents arguing, but not loud enough to where their own children could hear and easily get scared.

"Lance, not now." His father turned his head, glaring daggers at his teenage son.

"Actually, I called my son down here so he could run some errands for me." His mother snapped, reaching for her purse that sat on the kitchen table. His father crossed his arms as he leaned up against the counter of the kitchen, waiting for Sophiá to finish speaking to Lance before dismissing him. Lance looked back one last time before going to the front door of their home, yelling that he'll be back later and for none of them to wait up. So maybe the feeling he had when he woke up was just a gut instinct telling him that this wasn't really going to be a good day for any of the McClain siblings.

Lance didn't even bother to check his phone until he got to walmart, he had hoped that maybe Keith would be working today and to his luck, there he stood stocking up canned goods on the shelves, occasionally stopping to help out a customer and point them off in the right direction. Lance leaned up against the cardboard cutout that had some kind of saying like: Try our gravy. It's delicious and only 98 cents per pack as he watched Keith do his job.

He was just so cute-

"What are you looking at?" Jimmy popped up out of no where, poor Lance nearly jumped out of his own skin as he knocked the cardboard cutout over, spilling all the packets onto the floor as it caused a small crashing noise. Keith looked over as he saw Lance on the ground, a smile on his lips as he laughed under his breath but it only faded when his grey met eyes with Jimmy's blue ones. Lance was blushing darkly as the other boy reached his hand out to help him up, "I'm so sorry, I should've made my presence known."

"It's alright," Lance took his hand as he got up from the floor, "I shouldn't have zoned out like that."

"You didn't answer my question." Jimmy laughed. Lance looked away for about 5 seconds before realizing Keith was no longer there, he turned his head back to Jimmy, "No one, just trying to work up the courage to ask for help. That's all."

"Okay Lance, whatever. Well of all people I expected to see here today, would you like to- I don't know, you don't have to say yes but would you like to catch a movie sometime..?" Jimmy looked at the ground shyly as he began playing with his own fingers, jesus christ why did asking out your crush have to be so hard? Lance laughed a bit, "Are you serious?"