Chapter 4

Chat quickly went back to change as the men controlled the net from the mermaid from escaping. Once he was on the main deck, Tortuga put him in charge of what to do, "Yer call." Tortuga was dumbstruck as he has never seen a mermaid in his life. None of the crew has for that matter.

"What do I have here? A pretty lassy!" He sneered as Marinette tried to get out the fishnet. "A fiery lass ye are!" and started lurching towards her.

"No! You're not going to take me!!!" She screamed at him, hoping he would leave her alone, but knowing he wouldn't.

"Ooh, this cap'n loves a fiery spirit of a mermaid!"

"Nooooo!" She screamed at the top of her lungs as he took a hold of her arm.

He then lifted her above his shoulder with her yelling, "Unhand me, captain!"

"Perhaps, if it won't cripple your cute scales. But I insist you have a tour. Now, down here is the main deck!" Chat shoved Marinette higher on his shoulder so that her wiggling was less effective, and began detailing information about the ship. Chat took their "tour" below deck, "And back there are the crew's quarters."

"Captain unhand me!!"

"yeah yeah, just a second-aha!" Chat exclaimed triumphantly, kicking open the door to wherever he'd been taking the mermaid to, "And this-", he said, tossing the mermaid into the room"Is the galley, I hope you like it because it's where you'll be for most of the voyage." With that, he quickly shut the door, a lock sliding into place as he did so.

Tortuga gave disbelief of a look at Chat who was now wiping his hands in a finished success.

"What she'll be fine. She will only be there till we figure out what we're going to do!"

"Did you really had to be aggressive with her?" Tortuga says with crossed arms.

"I didn't have too but she'll be fine you mother goose."

"She'll be fine okay," Tortuga nodded, "But where is the crew going to gets their supplies?"

Chat Noir hasn't thought about it as he threw her in the galley, "damn, well I'll move her later."

"So she'll be your responsibility?" Tortuga gave an odd look toward Chat as he never likes taking responsibilities in the ship except fighting.

"Aye, as far as I know, you'll be dumb enough to let her escape." Chat shrugged his shoulder

"Will not!" Tortuga argued.

"We'll only leave her in there until she tires herself from trying to open the door," Chat says as he starts heading to the wheel with Tortuga following.

"You just can't help yourself can you?" Tortuga said as he notices Chats smirked humouredly.

"I don't know what you mean," he replied in mock innocence.

"Oh really?" Tortuga smirked, crossing his arms over his chest, and gave Chat his best 'come-on-i-know-you-way-better-than-that look. Chat just shrugged, turning the wheel a fraction.

"You know I like them feisty."

"yeah, but they usually have legs."

"Honestly T, you make me sound like some kind of womanizer. I'm hurt."

"Okay, then so what are we going to do with her?"

"Look we can sell her and get quick cash but I got a theory." Chat pause to see if Tortuga listening, "They control the sea and is the moving piece we need."

"I'm lost."

"Mate, the missing piece is the lassy they created the map so she must know about the moving piece."

"Uh... That is plausible... but you sure?" Tortuga said still uncertain.

"Nope, "Chat says while popping the p.

"Chat!"

"Tortuga!" Chat mimicked, "Oh don't make that face; you're my co-captain You're supposed to think I'm right and risk it."

"I think my main priority right now is making sure you don't get us killed." Tortuga scolded.

"Must you be such a killjoy?" Chat pouted.

"Must you be such a child?" Tortuga chuckled.

"I'm positively offended," Chat Noir joked with a shrug.

"Cap'n I'm by your side but let try to confirm everything, that why in the meantime you'll be fish sitting." Tortuga walk down the stairs from the helm to resume his duties on deck in putting the men to work as Chat glared at him, knowing that he lost, "Oh by the way," Tortuga added, pointing at the rocks "keep your eyes on the road."

Chat stared after him, mouth agape, before putting his chin on his hand and leaning on the steering wheel and indignantly muttering to himself; "...he thinks he could just give orders.. well.."

Getting more and more frustrated by the second, Marinette gave the door another solid throw at door. Her skin was now bruised from the many times of throwing herself to the door. She gave up and started to kneel towards her tail and cried for the fear of what will happen to more now that she out of the water. 

Probably the shortest chapter in the book