Chapter 12

Marinette and Chat were eventually saved from the sea. However, since Marinette didn't know how to swim or hold her breath, she had pneumonia.

Marinette's eyes flutter open.

"It not good the fever is high, her body is rejecting food, she spit out the medicine when I try to give it to her," Ivan said worriedly as Marinette can hardly have her eyes open.

"Doc what gonna happen to her?" Chat Noir asks before coughing as he caught a cold.

"Well if she keeps not eating the medicine she will..." Ivan hinted at the last word.

"Die."

"You..." Tortuga grabs chat by the collar, "she tried t' save ya!"

"I know that. It's my fault if she dies."

Ivan interrupted, "Cut it out you two she can hear you."

Everyone went silent. Ivan, Chat, and Tortuga took turns taking care of her.

It was finally Chat Noir's turn.

"Okay, princess we're going to try this again with the medicine Princess." Chat mumbles as he got a full spoon of medicine.

Marinette weakly mumbles tiredly.

Chat Noir sat next to her then try to give her the medicine that she quickly spat out. "Come on mermaid don't try to be so difficult. I know your not feline well but you have to eat this." He tries again but the same result occurred.

Chat Noir took off his captain hat and coat, to set it down as Mari just stared at him tiredly. It was the first time she actually looked at him. Without the hat and coat, he looked like an elite that the crew has mentioned before. An image of pure perfection and kindness. As Marinette stared in awe Chat grew an evil smirk of an idea. He poured himself some medicine and put it in his mouth. He pounced on top of Marinette to put his lips on her. He gave the medicine mouth to mouth. Marinette was shocked at what Chat was doing till she felt a trickle in her throat of the medicine going through.

"What princess did I steal your first kiss?" He chuckles as he went to sit down on sitting down on a stool.

Marinette glared with her face turning around and try to ignore him.

"Aww is my princess not feline too well from my kiss."

"No." Marinette manages to mumble.

"The medicine can work! You can speak again!" Chat smirked in shock at how the medicine worked.

"Yeah, thanks to a pirate."Marinette's eye-rolled.

"I almost thought you were going to die." Chat chuckles in relief.
Marinette gave an eye roll, she was too weak. Chat quickly then got the porridge and got a spoonful trying to feed her.

Marinette asked, " Why... why are you being so nice to me?"

"You are not exactly afraid of me anymore mermaid. No point in being so cruel and I guess. I guess. I don't know." He whispered. "You know what just forget it. Ye save me life. I have to take care of ya?"

"Is it part of fish sitting?" Marinette mumbles as she still couldn't eat and spit it out.

As if hearing her doubt the cat told her, " Listen we made a deal and I went back on it. So I'm doing my job. I'm a man, or... shall I say 'cat', of my word. Cats honor!"

For some reason deep down Marinette felt she could trust him. Deep down she felt drawn to him. Which was weird because she didn't think she could, or would ever, be drawn to someone, let alone a Pirate! But as he said he went back on his deal she doesn't recall anything but knew he was blaming himself for being kidnap by Nathaniel.