Chapter 9

Marinette choked out water as someone pressed her chest repeatedly. She squeezed her eye from the bright sun then open as she looks at her surrounding to see the crew watching her, "What happened?"

"You took some water, but you seem to be ok," Max said with a reassuring smile.

"How can you say that? I should've been breathing underwater, I'm not ok." Marinette started tearing up she had never been afraid of the water as she looked at her legs.

"But I don't think drowning was an option for ye. We need ya and ye need us if you want yer tailback." Tortuga said in a serious tone looking at Marinette with gentle eyes as he helps her try to stand up, "Tsk, yer crazy jumpin' in the sea you can't even hold yourself up."

"Ye should thank the captain Chat Noir for saving yer life," Kim said as Marinette gained her balance.

"I was kind of shocked... for Chat to risk his life to save you," Ivan commented.

"Well, it better him than any of us since he the elite swimmer," Tortuga commented.

Marinette was shocked that Chat Noir would save her so she looks around the room but there was no sign of him, "Where is he?"

"He left as soon as you woke up, he was the most worried." Max chuckled with a wide smile.

"What happened, who attacked?" Marinette said as Tortuga walked her up to the deck.

"The confederation, don't worry they were just teasin' us," Tortuga said.

"scre 'em! They started shooting at us as soon as they found us!" Growled Kim as he walked behind them.

"No kiddin'! that their job!" Chat growled as he inspected the ship and its damages."This wood is from the Asian seas!" Chat started to complain.

"Well, the Evilustrator pulled out pretty quick... 'cause the confederation scared the hell outta them!" Tortuga laughed.

"As long as Chloe is off my pawsitive back." Chat Noir sighed in relief.

"What would happen if that Chloe chick stayed, she would want to stay in yer room." Tortuga slyed a grin.

"I would have fed her with the sharks." Chat growled at the thought of her staying, "And I already got a roommate." Chat smirked at Marinette.

"Well, that roommate wants to tell you something," Tortuga says with a smile and left her and Chat alone at the wheel.

"Huh?" Marinette said when Tortuga left her.

"Lassy are ye okay?"

"Yup. Thank you for saving me."

"It ain't nothing just don't get close to the edge alright." Chat smiled as he looked through the telescope.

"Okay. So where are we heading?"

"Delay in our trip pearl. With the damages we have to port, we have to fix the ship before sailing." Chat states.

"Uh, we can't..." Marinette stopped herself from continuing, "Fine I'll be useful elsewhere. Thank you again," Marinette says as she sees Ivan needing help on deck cleaning the cannon stain.

"You aren't able to be yourself." Tortuga chuckles as he walked up the steps.

"You got a bad habit of eavesdropping on people." Chat Noir growled.

"What's it matter? So I overheard... But, not only you."

"Whaddya mean?" Chat asked in confusion.

"It's been only days... Since she became human. Don't you think our ship has changed now that she part of the crew?"

"She's not part of the crew. She is a mermaid mostly a girl. Of course, t' crew will act differently."