Chapter 16

"Now who let you stow away on our ship."Chat pulls the black cat that stole some cheese from the kitchen, "Geez Plagg you stink."Chat commented as the black cat growled then pounced up his arms. They had finally passed the ship graveyard and were heading to their final destination to the Perla island of where the treasure stood.

"Marinette.." A voice said behind Chat as he started to overhear and glance behind him.

"Yes?" She says tiredly as she saw Chat glance at her then turn around.

"Are you okay? You look pale."Ivan said in a worried voice.

"Yes, yes. I'm okay." She says as she pushes herself to continue to swab the deck.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Well, okay. Let's just hurry up and finish mopping so we can rest."

Marinette smiled faintly as a reply. With a shrug, Ivan went back to what he was doing. She continued mopping for minutes till her body finally gave in and she passed out. Chat Noir didn't fail to catch her when he tried to. Chat Noir immediately brought her to the infirmary and laid her down on the bed. Almost all of the crew stopped what they were doing to go to the infirmary, but as soon as Nino had a look at her and said the girl would be fine, they went back to what they were doing. Adrien could see the worry in their eyes. They were starting to get attached to the girl and Adrien knew that even if they don't admit it themselves. He can see what they see of her. She was charming, graceful, pretty, brave, and kind. She also has pride, which gets her into trouble sometimes, like the fight from her second day at the ship.  Although they are starting to get attached, they are still on their guard and keeping a close eye on Marinette. Adrien stayed in the infirmary even after Nino said she just needs to rest. Maybe it was because he just didn't want to go back to his job and needed a reason to or maybe he was worried about her, he won't admit either.

Adrien was watching someone sleep, which he never would've thought would be so entertaining. She didn't look fragile, even when she's sick and sleeping. Adrien touched her smooth skin which almost looked transparent. He let his fingers touch her lips. He didn't know what he was doing or why he was doing it. He immediately retreated his hand from her as soon as he realized how creepy he acted.

Whether people admit it or not, Adrien is a good Pirate King. He can restore order between pirates. He was working to put justice with the confederation but he clearly failed. The confederation hated pirate's very existence. He looks at Marinette, the mermaid. Mermaids are beautiful, yes, on the outside, but on the inside they were rotten, or so he thought.  

Marinette was extremely thirsty but she couldn't move, her body and her eyelids felt heavy. She groaned. It took her all to open her eyes and get up. Once she's done that she searched for water, she looked around her surroundings. She noticed the Captain sitting on a chair beside the bed she was sleeping in. Adrien looked a bit worried. He asked.

"Are you okay?"

Marinette shook her head.

"Water." She said with a raspy voice.

Adrien immediately got up from the chair, saying he'll be back soon.  When Adrien entered the door to the infirmary, all that Marinette could see was the pitcher of ice-cold water. Max handed over the pitcher and the glass, she almost forcefully took the pitcher, not bothering to take the glass. She drank the contents of the pitcher. Adrien was a bit worried about how thirsty she was. Because she was so thirsty, she didn't realize that not all of the water was going in her mouth, some of the water was spilling. After drinking almost all of the contents of the pitcher, she wiped her mouth and closed her eyes, she looked in pain.