chapter 18

The water ripple and the whole cave started to shake. Chat and the crew looked around as the water started to form into shape.

"M'lady?" Chat says as he wraps the Perla under his arm.

"Yes Chat Noir, "Marinette says as she stands beside him.

"Is that the guardian your talking about?"

"Yeah, they're the one! Hurry we must escape." Marinette says as she pulled Chat's hand as the cave began to crumble and the ground began to quiver.

The water rose to form mermaid shape creatures. The cavern shook violently. The mermaid creatures started to flow with glowing blue eyes of anger. The crew ran down the stone stairway which magically transformed into a chute, Chat and Marinette found themselves sliding down toward a pool of boiling water as the chute broke between them and the crew. Just in the nick of time, Tortuga threw down a shield that saves them and a rope to pull them up.

The water reared back and formed a wave of water that began chasing the crew. "What do we do now?" Chat yelled out.

Marinette looked about as they ran and notice an old ship that was surfing through the waves. She figured that the water was only going to flood them out to try to drown them. She looks up ahead to see a wall edge they can use to climb. "Guys go to the edge!!" Marinette ordered.

Chat Noir was confused about what was going but he knows they had no choice. "Ye heard her! Go to the edge!"

The crew listens to Marinette and eventually understands the plan. On her mark, they jumped onto the ship and were flooded out onto land. The old ship was able to float long enough for Ivan to come to their rescue before the island sank. The crew made it out alive. To great extent, they celebrated their victory in retrieving the treasure even Marinette.

The crew celebrated below deck in honor of the Perla treasure till nightfall. Everyone even Marinette celebrated with a great dinner and gleeful music. As everyone got intoxicated with their rum she went snuck out onto the deck. The moon was high in the air faded beneath the foggy clouds. Once she reaches the mass below the crow nest she rested her head leaning back against it. She let a couple of tears roll off her face. Before she always cried to go home but, here she became a part of the crew that she didn't want to leave. She was torn by the two worlds. Marinette's mind was racing as she looked out to the ocean.

She recalls her first day with captain Chat Noir who has been cruel, then he transformed trying to be nice to her but it always ended with a cold shoulder. Either she was mad and gave a cold shoulder or Chat was done and gave her the cold shoulder. So what that he was kind of cute, he a pirate. She thought but remember that he isn't any pirate. He now the pirate king a title his mother wouldn't accept. However, in her mind, he was just like every pirate no matter what they had been through the last couple of weeks.

After waving goodbye to some of the crew who came up on deck to check on her. Marinette raced to the front of the boat she heard a faint noise.

And stopped. And stared as thunder was heard above her in a distance.

It wasn't that it never rained on the ocean, of course, it did. But this was the first time she was aware of the rain on her skin. It was to this fascination she almost forgot that she heard a siren in the distance that was no longer there. So, of course, it started pouring and the song was gone but the memory stayed. She watches as the rain poured down.