chapter 17

"This is it!" Chats widely grin a huge Cheshire smile.

"Arghh!!" The crew sang.

"So where we will be heading?" Tortuga asked as follows. Chat to the captain's cabin.

"It's the first time I've been here and there aren't any maps of this place because no one's ever been here. So what do you want me to do?!"

"There a path to the north of here," Marinette said as she appears out of nowhere holding Plagg.

"Huh?" Chat said, caught off guard.

"It's on the map," she said and then started to walk away while petting plagg.

Tortuga grin widely, "ye lassy is sassy today isn't she?"

"Shut up." Chat growled then follow Marinette to his room.

The crew was on land scouting around the island. They then overhearing the bickering of the captain and mermaid in the ship. Eventually in the end Marinette came down the ship with the captains following.

The rest of the crew silently followed as they search for the north path.

Just as Marinette had said, there was a path leading into the thick forest of the island.

"So...now what?" Kim finally dared to ask.

"Let's go!" Chat Noir said as he enters the forest because of the thick fog, the rest of the crew soon lost sight of their captain.

"I guess we better follow him," Tortuga said. They followed Chat through the forest the path eventually ended up to a temple with a tunnel entrance.

"So we go in?" Ivan asked nervously as the crew went in.

"Get in," Tortuga says as he practically pushed him in.

"Should've stayed on the ship today."

The tunnels were nothing that they would have expected there were speleothems that Marinette thought were a rainbow of wonderland. The cave was spellbinding drift down the mysterious cave tunnels which left everyone awe-struck. Everyone started to slow down because they were walking on the edge to continue on the path. It was cold in the cave tunnels but Marinette didn't mind the misty weather. There were different caves in the tunnels they passed, a crystal cave tapestries of glittering stars. They stop when they arrived by subterranean rivers and you can peer through deep, crystal-clear water to the white floors of natural wells. Peace reigns in this surreal world of spectacular rock formations, stalactites, stalagmites, and fossils. They set up camp and everyone ate together.

"Hey, Mari are you sure you can handle this hike?" Kim asked.

"No, but I have to." She murmured and look at the tired crew and seeing Chat being alone panther walking around.

"Are we even heading the right way?" Max commented.

"Yup the bickering duo got it." Tortuga teased then something hit his head. "Who threw that?"

"Do you think we're going to run anything?" Kim said as he was looking beyond the river and into the tunnels

"Yes. There guardians here."