Chapter 14

Kim looked up to the sky, watching the rigging and flags dance above them, letting the cool breeze soothe his aching skin. He frowned. Then heard someone yell, "watch out!"

Tortuga runs in the air as he fell from the sky next to Kim.

"Where did you even fall from?" Kim asked, scanning the area as he helps get Tortuga up.

Tortuga finally pushed himself shakily to his feet, waving over to the tower overlooking the docks, Kim noted the single broken window.

"Let's just say that docking negotiations are not off to a great start," he said, flashing him a winning grin that would probably charm anyone else. The first mate, far too familiar with his captain's antics, was just annoyed.

"So, you were thrown out the window?"

"No, I jumped out the window, a crucial difference."

"Uh-huh, what did you do?"

"Nothing!"

"..."

"Ok well, maybe I might've had a... tryst with the dockmaster's wife, last time we were here."

"Nino-"

"Hey, she didn't tell me she was married! So really, she's the one to blame."

"Riiight," he said, coupling it with a roll of his eyes, Kim had never been one for subtlety, "and is this going to have any effect on how long we can stay here? We did have things we were supposed to do, you know. Like, go through the snow glaciers."

Tortuga snorted, "Of course not! Chat Noir's there to do damage control, he used to be a prince, right? I'm sure he's having a whale of a time."

A panicked scream quickly shot that idea.

Kim had already spun around to prepare himself for another falling body, but luckily this one didn't quite reach the ship, instead, the ball of fluttering, colorful robes, and wildly flapping limbs landed in the water just off the ship's bow, with a splash that managed to reach up to the deck.

The man surfaced, still screaming, wet cloth sticking close to his skin; Kim wasn't sure if the redness in his face was from anger, or the fall. "How dare you! Pirates! I could've been killed-"

Another scream snapped his attention back up to the window, "Catch me, catch me!"

Chat Noir then fell flat on top of Marinette, with a wide grin, "Hey m'lady."

Marinette's eye rolled and pushed him off, "get off of me you dumb cat."

"Geez, when did you gain muscles." Chat teased.

"Just leave me alone I have to go. I have to clean the deck."With that, she went to the front of the deck with Ivan.

"She just seems to only work now," Tortuga said plainly with a look of concerns.

"She's impatient. But hey we'll separate on our way soon."

"Adrien... She isn't that bad."