My Fault.

Grayson's POV. The first thing I saw when I walked in the door was Ryan and Bradley ready to fight one another, they didn't even notice me, but instead, Bradley swung first and the fight had begun.

Aaliyah looked frightened and the other kids, well, I didn't see them right now.

I was more shocked than anything, Ryan, of all people, was squared up to Bradley, fighting him in the middle of the kitchen, not even taking notice of me or anyone else around him.

I set my keys in the bowl and hang up my jacket, walking over and standing in the dining room.

"Hey!! Break it up! Now!!" I order, raising my voice loudly.

Neither of them seemed to hear me.

I waited for a moment.

When I got no response, I walked up and grabbed Ryan by the back of the shirt and shoved him back and got in between Bradley and Ryan, breaking them apart.

Neither of them was bleeding, so that relieved me.

"I told you to fucking break it up! This is bullshit! You two need to get your heads out of your asses! You are brothers! I shouldn't have to be standing here right now explaining to you why it's unacceptable for you two to be fighting! Should I?! Both of you go upstairs and chill out for a bit, I better not hear a word from either one of you. Don't touch or talk to each other til' I tell you too. Now, go," I order, running a hand through my hair as I pinch the bridge of my nose with my other free hand.

I completely just lost my temper with them just then.

It could have been a lot worse, though.

I could have hit one of them, but I didn't.

I needed to calm myself down, now.

"Are you okay, Grayson?" Aaliyah asks softly, walking up beside me.

I nod my head.

I was okay, just upset and furious with Bradley and Ryan and myself.

I shouldn't have lost my temper with them because that sure didn't help anything.

It most likely made it worse.

"Yes, Aaliyah. I'm alright, dear." I turn around and face her, feeling that I have calmed down enough. "Can you tell me what happened? Are you alright? They didn't hurt you, did they?" A bunch of questions spilled out all at once.

I can't believe that I didn't ask Aaliyah if she was okay sooner. "Where are the other kids? Are they alright?" Even more, questions came as I peered around the room, not seeing a single other kid.

"Grayson, it's alright. Calm down, I'm fine. The kids are outside playing, I was watching them. They're fine." Aaliyah smiles softly, giving me a reassuring look.

That immediately helped me with the process of calming down. "Now, I'm going to tell you what happened. Erm..maybe I will...." Aaliyah trailed off, peering down to the floor.

"What is it?" I ask, raising her head up to look at me while I raise an eyebrow.

There was something she wasn't telling me.

"Well....ummmm....ermm..you can just ask Bradley or Ryan." Aaliyah spits out, spinning around on her heels and speed walking out the patio door.

"Aaliyah! Don't walk away from me like that." I walk out onto the patio, eyeing her sternly. "What happened? I asked you, not Bradley or Ryan. Tell me, now," I order sternly, crossing my arms over my chest, remaining calm.

"I can't, Grayson," Aaliyah mutters, her eyes filling with tears.

She leaned her head up against my shoulder and wiped the tears away from her eyes.

I didn't respond at first, but I couldn't resist, I opened up my arms and hugged her softly.

"Why? I need you to tell me, Aaliyah." I pushed while lifting her head up to look at me again.

"Because...it's my fault they got into a fight," Aaliyah mumbles, breaking into sobs.

I was a bit shocked.

Okay, a lot shocked.

"What do you mean?" I ask, curiously. "How did you make them fight?" I let her continue to lean up against my chest, my arms still wrapped around her softly.

"Jonathon and Jason were fighting over the tablet and Ryan was on the couch playing a video game and he just let them continue fighting without saying a single word, so I stepped in and solved the problem. Jason didn't like what I had to say so he threw a tantrum and it was only then that Ryan stepped in. He told him to go find a corner and so then I may have replied smartly to him and then walked out and he followed me and told me to go get into a corner and I said no so he grabbed me and Brad saw it and went off on him but Ryan continued, so they got into the fight. It was over me, Grayson! I caused it!" Aaliyah cries harder, holding her stomach.

"No, it's not. Listen here, you may have done something you shouldn't have, but it is not your fault. Ryan and Bradley had the option to walk away and just get over it, but they didn't. You shouldn't have smart-mouthed him, but you did not cause the fight and I better not hear you say that again. I mean it, Aaliyah. It is not your fault." I scold softly, lifting her head to look at me. "I love you, sweetheart," I kiss the top of her head and whisper soothing things into her ear.

"I love you too, Grayson," Aaliyah mumbles back. "Am I going to be punished?" She asks, looking up at me.

I pause for a moment, thinking over my answer even though I already know the answer.

"Yes, you are. You know that what you did is not acceptable in this household," I remind her, looking up to make sure all the kids were still hanging around and playing in the yard, which they were.

"But, I'm sorry!! It won't ever happen again!!" Aaliyah pleads, backing up from me.

I shake my head, giving her a well-known glance.

"You know I can't let you off the hook like that." I voice, signaling her to walk back to me. She hesitates but does as she is told. "I want you to go in the house, go upstairs to your room and wait for me," I order softly, pointing towards the stairs.

"Yes, sir," Aaliyah mumbles, wiping away the tears and walking upstairs.

I suppose I'll give her a good twenty minutes before I come up.

Then, all three of them are really in for it, especially Bradley and Ryan.

Hey, peeps~!!! Yay! I finally was able to get this updated. I got a lot of private comments about people wanting this story updated, so I figured I would update this one as one of my first ones. I would love to thank every single one of you for voting, commenting and reading my stories, it means so much to me. I never thought my stories would ever get this much attention, I am really thrilled with this. So, thank you, everyone. If you have any prompts, ideas, or requests, my inbox is always open and welcoming them, you may also drop them in the comments down below as well. Please vote and comment~!! Thanks, peeps~!!!