The Final News.

Grayson's POV. Today was the day that I had to go to my doctors' appointment and figure out if I had cancer or not. They took blood tests and did countless other tests when I ended up in the hospital, but today was when I would get the final news. My stomach had been in endless knots today, from the moment I woke up this morning.

I had planned on the kids' being in school so I wouldn't have to worry about them when I go to the doctors' but that didn't work out as planned. The kids' school was out today and tomorrow, for reasons I really didn't even know. I've been slacking in keeping up with the kids' education and everything, but I suppose Ryan has taken over.

I hated everything being on his plate, but I was so tired and I had been sleeping so much lately. All these symptoms that kept adding up made me really think that the news wasn't going to be the best, but I maintained my positivity.

I rolled over in my bed, the right side dipping down slightly and rubbed my eyes vigorously. I eyed the alarm clock that I had set and seen there were currently literally two minutes until it went off, so I reached over to my nearby nightstand and clicked it off.

I stared up at the ceiling and sighed, sitting up in my bed and letting the bare pads of my feet touch the icy cold floors. That was one thing I hated about laminate flooring, it was always freezing when it came winter time. It sent shivers up my spine but I shook them off and stood up, stretching and letting out a yawn before I walked into my bathroom.

I needed to take a shower and get dressed so I could help Ryan get the kids' up and ready for the day. I kinda wished I could stay in bed and forget about today, let it pass by like all the days' do, but I knew I couldn't.

I shook off all the thoughts from my mind and stripped off my clothes and stepped into my shower, the tile flooring freezing just like the laminate floors. The warm water immediately warmed me up and I let it just run over my body as I raked my hands through my hair and face.

I tried my best to wake myself up, feeling the leftover sleepiness slowly leave my body, from just waking up ten minutes ago. I grabbed my old spice shampoo and pushed the lid down slightly until the opposite side flipped up and then I poured some into my hand. I closed the bottle and placed it back on the shelf and then I immediately ran both of my hands through my hair, scrubbing my scalp thoroughly with my fingertips and nails.

I tilted my head back, washed out the soap and then grabbed my body wash and placed it on a and scrubbed my body. I rinsed and turned off the water and just as I step out, I hear an ear piercing scream and loud bangs at my bathroom door.

I grabbed a pair of boxers and sweatpants, jumping into them rather quickly, not worried about drying off. I didn't worry about a shirt because I was more worried about what could possibly have been going on. I knew the scream had to come from either Johnathon or Jason. I unlock my door and fling it open, to find Jason bawling his eyes out on my floor.

I stooped down to his level and picked the small boy up, cradling him up against my chest. It wouldn't have done me much good to put a shirt on anyways, it would have been soaked with tears. I soothingly rubbed the boys back, until something caught my eye and I turned my head to the right and seen Johnathon sneaking out of my bedroom. I gritted my teeth almost immediately, but I knew I had to comfort Jason and figure out what happened first.

"He was chasing me and then pulled my hair and shoved me!" Jason mumbles, hiccuping slightly.

"Awww, it's okay. I'll take care of this, okay? What happened before that? Why did Johnathon do that to you?" I question, knitting my eyebrows together.

Jason picked his head up off of my shoulder and swallowed back a sob before he spoke.

"I was heading to the bathroom and we were fighting over it. I told him I was there first and he had a fit and he scared me." Jason frowned and sniffled slightly.