Cancer.

Ryan's POV. This news shocked me entirely, my body froze and I was speechless. I felt the tears start to fill the rims of my eyes and I wanted to say so many things, but the words wouldn't come out.

"Ryan, it's alright. I know this is a lot to process, but you need to remain calm. It hasn't been proven yet, but it does run in the family and I've feared having it for a very long time. Don't tell anyone else, just keep this conversation between us for now. I wouldn't have even told you if I didn't have too, but I figured it might be best if you knew what the possibility could be. But please, just calm down and relax until we find out for sure. I will go back to the doctor tomorrow, a special doctor and get tested," Grayson explains, but my ears were ringing and I couldn't really properly understand him.

"I understand," I muttered under my breath, sending him a weakened smile because deep down I was not okay.

But I have to do what's best for him and the kids' and that is to stay strong and just wait to see what is really going on.

"You'll be alright for a while, right? I have to go handle the situation with the two kiddos because they seem to have forgotten how to act out in public," I state, adjusting my shirt a bit and letting out a deep breath.

I need to make sure I keep myself calm and collected until we go to the doctor tomorrow and find out for sure what is up with Grayson.

If I lose it now, it will all be on his shoulders to take care of the kids' and everything.

I'm glad he filled me in and now it is up to me to make sure he is taken care of and figure out what is wrong with him tomorrow.

"Ryan. Seriously? I know you are worried about me, but you definitely don't need to change anything you do or need to do just to cater to me. I am fine and mater of fact, I actually think instead of laying in bed, I will go downstairs and get a drink and settle down in the recliner to watch some television," Grayson explains, giving me a warm smile.

I looked at him for a minute and with a slight sigh, I nodded my head and exited his room.

I didn't want to get on Grayson's nerve by trying to get him in bed or limit what he can do, I honestly believe when he can't do anymore, he won't.

"Bradley. Go clean your room, I saw how it looked. It's awful," Grayson murmured, walking down the stairs to go to the living room.

"Alright," Bradley answered, jogging up the stairs next to me to head to his room.

"Oh and also, could you make sure the car is locked in the garage?" Grayson asks, running a hand through his hair.

"Sure can. You should take it easy, bro," Bradley voices, sending him a serious look.

"I plan on it. Thank you for doing what I asked you too," Grayson replied, walking to the recliner and settling down in it with the remote and a blanket.

"I'm going to head upstairs and handle my issue up there with Callie and Jason, I'll be back down soon," I disclosed, walking upstairs to Callie's room first.

I was quite disappointed with her actions at the hospital, she acted as if she had never been taught any manners. I couldn't believe she actually decided to take off running down the hallway to boot.

I walk into her room, finding her in the corner where I told her to be.

I take a seat on the edge of her bed and cover my mouth as I yawn.

"Come here, Callie," I call, folding my hands together in my lap.

Callie came over and stood in front of me, a saddening look on her face.

"How come you took off running in the hospital like that?" I asked, cocking my head to the side, my hair flopping with it.

"Because I wanted Candy. And you wouldn't listen and let me have some. So I took off," Callie explained, frowning.

"Wow. Well, I'm glad you were honest with me. But, when has misbehaving and being disrespectful ever gotten you what you wanted?" I vilified, my eyes narrowing in her direction.

"Never. I'm sorry, bubba!! Please, I'll behave and I won't run away from you again!!" Callie begins to plea, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. But, I'm going to spank you. You know that behavior would never be tolerated," I remind her, grabbing a hold of her upper arm and securing her on my lap.

I raise my hand and begin without warning, figuring she knew what was up.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK.

"Don't ever disrespect or run from me like that again," I scold, aiming for her sit spots now.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK.

"Please, bubba!! No more!!" Callie sobs, trying her best to squirm around.

"Ten more and then we will be done, love," I comfort, trying my best to get this over with as soon as possible.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK.

I pick the small girl up and cradle her in my arms, rocking her softly side to side, whispering soothing things into her ear, while her sobs die down into soft sniffles.

"Bubba? Can I go sit with Grayson now?" Callie asks, sniffling slightly.

"Yes. I have to go deal with Jason right now. We will both be down as soon as I am done and everything," I reply, helping her to her feet before opening her door and watching as she slowly walks downstairs to go be with Grayson.

I walk into Jason's room as it is right next to hers.

"Jason, come here," I call, leaving his bedroom door open, while I lean against the door frame.

"Yes, sir?" Jason replies, walking up to me.

"I am very disappointed with you. Callie looks up to you as a role model and when you don't listen, she immediately believes she doesn't have too either. You need to be a good role model and set a good example for her, she needs it. I have decided I would give you ten, simply because you weren't very respectful or properly mannered," I state, keeping my voice firm as I possibly can.

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry for disappointing you," Jason mumbled, giving me a sincere look.

"Thank you, let's get this over with quickly so we can go downstairs and proceed with the rest of the day," I disclose, grabbing his arm and turning him around and swinging my arm back swiftly.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK.

Jason moved around a great deal, but it hadn't cried. I saw tears in the brim of his eyes, but he held himself together pretty good.

"I'm sorry that I didn't behave when we were out in public, I'll try my best to make sure it doesn't happen again," Jason mumbled, sniffling slightly.

"Thank you, I hope it doesn't happen again," I reply, kissing the young boys head and ruffling his hair slightly. "Let's go on downstairs and join the rest of the family to watch television with Grayson," I suggested, waving a hand, in which the young boy followed behind me.

Hey, peeps~!! I'm glad I got this book updated, considering it's been a long time since this book was updated. I hope you guys like this updated and continue to read, vote, and comment. It keeps me inspired to keep writing and everything. Thanks, peeps~!!