Chapter 1: MILF Night Out

Maya Fey-Wright and Phoenix Wright
Miles Edgeworth and Franziska Von-Edgeworth
Edgeworth's Penthouse, Los AngelesJune 21, 2034

"I won't be very long Nick...we should be home by midnight, tops," Maya told her husband, giving him a quick kiss as she grabbed her coat.

"No we will not!" Franziska declared, crossing her arms. "I am celebrating my milestone birthday with a rare girl's night out and I refuse to be subjected to a curfew! We shall return ...whenever it is that we decide to come home! So take that!"

"Meine dame, 35 isn't really a milestone," Edgeworth reminded his wife. "Also, your birthday was last weekend. Remember? We left Mila and Gregory with Ema and Klavier, and I took you to that fancy French restaurant you were imploring me to take you to?"

"It's a mini milestone, liebling. Ergo, I get a full birthday week!" The striking German woman exclaimed. Much like her stunning raven-haired companion for the evening, both women still appeared to be at most in their late-20's, and somehow had managed to retain their trim figures from youth, without a grey hair or wrinkle in sight. "After all, when you turned 40, did you not get to spend that wild weekend in Vegas with your boys, without hearing any objections from me?"

"I remember that weekend!" Maya giggled. "Something about a Turnabout Gone Wrong, er, occurrence with a showgirl drag queen...and an embarrassing night spent in the drunk tank. It was both you guys, along with Apollo and Gumshoe if memory serves me correctly..."

"I still think Klavier has the photos on his camera," Edgeworth chuckled.

"Maya!" Phoenix whined, who had been the victim of said drag queen incident. He glared at his best friend then looked beseechingly at his wife. "Give me a break! I was drunk! And you promised never to bring that up again!"

"She lied!" Franziska derided. "And you're a fine one to mock, liebling! Let us not forget my spouse, Mr. Chief Prosecutor, being a most pristine and wonderful representation, full of the dignity of his office...what with being moved to tears by his own karaoke performance of Copacabana!"

"I can't believe you two are still bringing that up," Edgeworth grumbled, red-faced, while it was Phoenix's turn to snigger now. "After all, that was two years ago! Also, remind me to strangle Butz with my cravat for posting that video on YouTube!"

"I suppose I should detain you from winding up behind bars – yet again! – And no, I cannot defend you, Edgy, seeing as how you just told me your premeditated murder plans!" Phoenix sighed. "I feel compelled to remind you that said bumble butt was the one who ultimately bailed us out that night. However, that certainly didn't give him free pass to be such a snitch! I'm going to blame Iris's influence for that! Even though she's his wife now and no longer a nun, she seems to have held him fast and true to that vow of obedience!"

"OK, enough already about Mr. and Mrs. Butz!" Maya laughed. "Franziska, we really should get moving now. Ema, Maggey and Adrian will be at the place already. And Athena wishes she could have come, but she's still breastfeeding Dionysus. Yes she could have totally pumped her milk, but between us, I personally I don't think she trusts Apollo alone with the baby yet!"

"Possibly because Mr. Chords of Steel hasn't learned to use his inside voice yet on baby's tender ears so he won't cry as much?" Franziska kidded.