Chapter 11: Turnabout Triumph

Franziska Von-Edgeworth and Maya Fey-Wright

Edgeworth's Penthouse, Los AngelesJune 22, 2034 3:00 AM

"Ema has got to be the luckiest girl in the entire world that Bill Thigh, The Science Guy, actually agreed to see her backstage, especially after the stunt you pulled with the gigantic blowup dong on his colleague!" Maya tittered as she and the still extremely tipsy Franziska entered the elevator in the lobby. "I do believe his exact words were, 'I will talk to the cute brunette in the lab coat, but I am staying far away from her scary, dick-wielding, friend'!"

"Humph! I agree the context if you did not know what he was referring to is amusing, somewhat," Franziska conceded, trying to look irritated but failing as she too dissolved into giggles. "What a cowardly foolish fool of a man to be afraid of a woman of such small stature as myself! As if anyone, in the history of mankind, had actually ever been severely injured by an inflatable phallic shaped object!"

"Only their pride!" Maya couldn't stop laughing. "I almost feel sorry for poor Zorro! You're quite the fearsome legend at The Ballroom now you know! Even though you made quite a different kind of lasting impression on Magic Ike..."

"Objection!" Franziska blushed. "It was due to my intoxicated state and emotional connection to the music playing at the time, that I took temporary leave of my senses which resulted in my Dirty Dancing on stage with him! However, as far as my husband or anyone else knows, it never happened! And there is absolutely no evidence that ever did!"

She'd better hope and pray that Ema drunkenly erased that video footage off her cell phone at some point tonight! Maya bit back a knowing smile. My lips are zipped though – about all of it!

"You're right – no evidence whatsoever," the spirit medium replied serenely. "But for the record, you have definitely earned the respect via fear method at that establishment! Your stage dancing partner notwithstanding, the rest of the entertainers are sure to steer clear at least 500 feet if they ever cross you in a dark alley!"

"They will, if they know what's good for them!" The German woman shot back with a smirk as she leaned her somewhat shaky form against her friend for support. "Although, I suppose I can forgive Bill for making me sound like I was some sort of penis-sprouting transvestite, considering in the end, Ema did get her ring back from the black hole!"

"I hope she remembers to never spray that thing with Luminol in front of Klavier! She'd sure have a tough time explaining the evidence to her fiancé in that event!" Maya wiped away a straight tear of laughter from her eye. "Even though Ema got her ring back from the pits of hell, she still may need to scientifically investigate what cleaning compounds will be needed to make it spotless again, seeing as how it was covered in oil and glitter!"

"Shhh!" Franziska snickered and put her finger to her lips as they exited the elevator on the penthouse floor. "The whole case of the missing ring is supposed to be a secret among us girls, remember? We can't ever let our husband find out about that!"

"There are a lot of secrets that came out tonight about our husband's that never need to see the light of day!" Maya flushed guiltily at the memory of the personal details she herself had divulged about her own spouse. "The men wouldn't be able to look each other in the eye again, ever!"