Chapter 4: Call of Doodie

Franziska Von Edgeworth, Maya Fey Wright,
Maggey Gumshoe, Adrian Andrews and Ema Skye
The Ball Room, Los Angeles

"OK, I know I'm only slightly less drunk than the birthday girl," Maggey slurred as she stared, agog at the stage. "But just so we can be sure I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing, that is a stripper up there on stage... dressed as a Transformer, who is now pulling off pieces of very real-looking metal ..."

"This is not a Decepticon of your eyes!" Adrian affirmed, her eyes twinkling behind her glasses. "So yes, Maggey – we are all baring witness to the removal of the metal codpiece off his...er, junk!"

"Which, with no control switch in sight, appears to be quite mechanically functioning!" Maggey breathed.

"I'm most amused, however, that Optimus Oh SO Fine Prime is still keeping on the metal shoulder and knee pads on though..." The pretty blond snickered.

"Who cares? He's unwrapped what's important!" Ema raised her glass of Angel's Tit. "Arigatō Mister Roboto!"

"This reminds me when Ace was just a year old," Maya reminisced fondly. "Despite my penchant for Steel Samurai, my son is a retro boy like his father, and note, has fallen in love with Nick's DVD series of the 1980's Transformers cartoon! One time, while I was cleaning out the couch cushions, father and son sat there watching the episodes of the show and Ace's reactions were just adorable! He was always cheering for the Autobots to triumph over the Decepticons, and he would constantly do that thing where he'd babble at the screen whenever he saw Megatron. I don't know if I completely agree, but Nick is positive that he was cussing him out, because he looked so angry when he did it!"

"I'm sure if Ace could have yelled Objection at the screen at the time, he would have!" Ema grinned.

"That is so cute!" Franziska sighed wistfully. "I miss the days when my twins were still little angels like that."

"You mean before they could talk?" Adrian quipped, causing the German woman to playfully toss her tiny little drink umbrella at her best friend.

"Don't be foolish! I'm being serious!" The very tipsy Franziska waved down the waiter and gestured to her umpteenth drained cocktail glass. "I remember Gregory was such a colicky baby. We had trouble getting him to sleep, as more often than not, he would just wake up crying his eyes out. Well, this one time, when they were six months old, while I was going to go check on him and calm him down, he suddenly stopped bawling. I panicked, thinking something had happened and, of course, Miles noticed too. He came running into their nursery with me and when we got into their room, we were both surprised. Gregory had stopped crying because Mila had wrapped her arms around him and snuggled him back to sleep!"

There was a unanimous chorus of cooing awwwwes at the table.

"My god daughter takes her role of big sister pretty seriously, doesn't she?" Ema sighed. "Even if it is only by four minutes!"

"She never lets him forget it either!" Franziska laughed. "But even though she whips him with her jump rope and he throws spiders at her, the twins, in the end are best friends who love each other more than anything in the world!"

_____________________________________________  
Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth
Edgeworth's Penthouse, Los Angeles