Chapter 10: The Karmic Retribution of Not-So-Rico Suave

Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth and Come Blo Me Cavalry
Edgeworth's Penthouse, Los Angeles

"Edgeworth, I don't see why you're being so stubborn about this!" Phoenix was beyond exasperated. "Don't you think you're acting a little bit overly melodramatic here?" He waved the hairdresser's proffered hand mirror at the petulant, tight-lipped man for the hundredth time, but the prosecutor grumpily turned his head and swatted it away.

"Me? Melodramatic? That's quite rich, coming from you, of all people!" The blue attorney was subjected to a lethal glare that could've bored holes through a wall, and he put up his hands in surrender as Edgeworth continued in his tirade.

"We have two ears and one mouth for a reason, which obviously eludes you, Wright as you've been jabbering incessantly rather than listening to a blasted thing I've been saying!" The magenta-clad man snapped fiercely, making Phoenix gulp at how super pissed his friend sounded.

I think I preferred Edgeworth's demeanor prior to and during his haircut, when my now scathing friend was merely sadly, but quietly, whimpering! Now that said hair's actually cut, he's just flat out... meaner! Well, more than usual, anyway...

"Um, what was it you wanted me to take note of, again?" He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"I kindly ask that you heed my words as I needlessly repeat myself for the final and umpteenth time!" The prosecutor crossed his arms over his chest. "I said I wasn't going to look and I bloody well meant it! What's done is done. There is moot point in me further scrutinizing my newly shorn mane to verify that my hair, as I have long since known it, is no longer there!"

Jesus Christ he's speaking with the same mournfulness as a man who's a lost limb, rather than a mere 4 to 5 inches of length off his bangs! The defense attorney thought with embarrassed demurral, flashing a weak smile at the apprehensive-looking hairdresser next to him, as the expression of misery on her client's face hadn't wavered, even marginally, in the last thirty minutes since the cut.

Dammit Edgeworth, it's not the end of the world! Phoenix wanted to yell. So you got a hair cut! OK fine, a lot of hair, cut! I admit...bad joke! But it's actually a good haircut ...if only you'd stop being so balky and bull-headed and just see for yourself!

While his best friend's formerly long, frontal hairpieces were a good deal shorter than his signature previous chin-length, Phoenix actually thought the new hairstyle was a vast improvement, but had no idea how to voice this, lest his head get bitten off again!

True, the new haircut was noticeable, but nowhere near as dramatic, or even terrible, as its owner was making it out to be! While Edgeworth's charcoal fringe no longer hung in his face as it had for the last three decades, it could still be parted in the middle, as it always had. The newly cut bangs instead now fell just up to his eyebrows, so that you could clearly see the previously obscured high cheekbones and angular jaw – the appearance of the latter being further enhanced by the fact that the chief prosecutor was most petulantly jutting out his chin at the moment, while sulkily slumped in his armchair!

Eliete had initially wanted to go with a shorter fauxhawk hairstyle, which would've been a bit closer to the adorable new crew cut that little Gregory was now sporting, but had hastily retracted the suggestion when she had seen the merest hint of glistening in the normally composed grey eyes, which the spectacles had been unable to hide.