Chapter 2: Girls Night Shout

Franziska Von-Edgeworth, Maya Fey-Wright,
Maggey Gumshoe, Adrian Andrews and Ema Skye
Exotic Male Dancer Bar, Los Angeles
June 21, 2034

"Are we not being too stereo-typical celebrating my milestone birthday by getting drunk at an adult entertainment bar?" Franziska asked grumpily as she, Maya, Maggey, Ema and Adrian seated themselves into a booth near the stage of the strip club.

"It's all good, Franny," Ema snickered. "No need to be formal when it's just us gals - call it what it is – the peelers!"

"A nudie bar," Adrian grinned. "I mean, if guys can shamelessly go to gentlemen's clubs..."

"Then we femmes can have no shame in being hens in the foxes den," Maya injected with a wry grin.

"Enough already!" Franziska scowled. "Have none of you any dignity whatsoever? Am I not allowed to be vexed my 35th birthday is being held in a place where that shameless man on stage is now swinging about his...bratwurst like a lasso?!"

"He could poke someone's eye out with that thing!" Ema quipped.

"Franziska, we wouldn't have needed to come here if you hadn't gotten us kicked out of the other bar!" Maya reminded her. "This was the only other place in the area that wasn't packed to the tits tonight! You're lucky that man didn't file assault charges against you!"

"Humph!"

_________________________________________________

30 Minutes Ago...

The Pour House, Los Angeles

"This place is packed, but not so much that we'd not be able to see if the others had arrived," Maya noted, craning her neck to see over the crowded bar. "Maybe Adrian's having a hard time finding parking like we did?"

"Perhaps, when she texted me twenty minutes ago she said she'd already picked up Ema and they were near the Gumshoe's place so they shouldn't be too much longer."

"Well, did you want me to go secure us a table while you go to the bar and order the first round?" Maya offered. "I see that bartender's pretty busy over there."

"I hate waiting," Franziska grimaced. "But there's nothing we can do. Could we not have gone to the bar where Phoenix used to work? Might we not have gotten more preferential treatment there?"

"My husband doesn't like us hanging out at The Borscht Bowl anymore – he said it brings back too many dark memories," Maya explained. "Besides, it's no place for a birthday celebration – remember how we all nearly froze to death there on my 21st birthday? And Nick said it's gotten even seedier since Boris and Natasha no longer own the place." She looked over her shoulder then and shuddered. "Let us go to the bar now, but I am going to come with you. There's this nasty creeper in the corner who's been eye banging you since we got here and I don't want to leave you alone."

"Foolish girl," Franziska scoffed. "Nothing or nobody can scare me! After all, I have children!"

"Yeah, so do I but he's giving me the heebie jeebs," Maya shivered. "So I'm just going to stick to you like white on rice anyway, OK? Humor me!"

Franziska shrugged and was already headed to the bar, her friend in tow. However, despite Maya's best efforts to dodge him, the lecherous looking man still managed to slither up next to them at the bar.