Chapter 3: Outgoing

“An outgoing and bubbly person indeed. She cheered me up at my darkest times. Every time we meet, she wouldn’t change, not even one bit.”

“What a rough ni-,“ Just before Maria finishes her sentence, she has dozen off to sleep.

12 hours ago

 “Another boring day. What should I do?” As Maria walks down the busy street, she settled herself inside a small café and listed down all the possible things she could do.

“I could always stay in my new house… but I would die of boredom in there.” Her head rested on her hands with her elbow pressed on the table, she sighed with the emptiness in her head. Unexpectedly, a young lady sat in front of her.

“Hello, I’m Amy, and we might not know each other, but I am inviting you to a party. That is if you won’t be doing much today, would you like to go with me?” Maria suddenly sat up in shock to be in a sudden conversation with this bubbly stranger.

Maria hesitated, for she didn’t even know who the stranger was.

But she later replied, “Oh, hello, I’m Maria. I was thinking of the things I could do today, you are a total life saver.”

The two of them smiled and laughed together, ignoring the looks of the people around them. Maria went shopping for a good dress with Amy talking with random people along the way. Soon before they even reached the cashier to pay they had a group of girls who decided to follow them to the party.

They all laughed and smiled, even shared their own problems to each other. ‘This is one of the best  days in my life,’ Maria thought. As the girls went on their separate ways to get ready for the party, Maria welcomed Amy, her new friend, to her new abode. She helped Maria with her hair and make-up for the party.

The two of them rode a taxi together to the event. Still talking to random people along the way. Once they reached the venue, they partied hard like an animal. Maria found new friends and maybe even got a little drunk. Maria never knew she could be this outgoing.

 In the end, Maria went home alone, took some pills, and laid down on her bed.

“What a rough ni-” Just before Maria finishes her sentence, she has dozen off to sleep. It was a night she wouldn’t forget, for she met new friends, had fun, and forgot everything that held her back.