Chapter 7: Fear

“How will I even escape this monster? I’m so afraid! I don’t know what to do! Please tell him to come back and save me! Tell him that I never meant any of the painful words I told him! Explain how much I care for him! I love him! But I know it’s impossible. He will never come back… Never… To anyone who is reading this, please help me!”

 ●

Maria walks into the park where she normally draws her artworks as a hobby. But this time, she brought the notebook that was owned by “George.” She started reading it and felt in awe. She read the content of the page where she last stopped.

When she closed the notebook for a while just to contemplate on a few things, her artworks were blown by the wind where an empty building is standing. She ran as fast as the wind. She carefully picked her drawings up one by one and she accidentally bumped into someone. She was beautiful. No, scratch that. She was gorgeous. Her long wavy hair compliments her fair complexion. Her green eyes expressed how sad she was. Her lips trembled because of crying. Nevertheless, she was still the epitome of a beautiful goddess. Maria asked her if she was alright. The girl shook her head. Maria was confused and worried. She asked her if she wanted someone to speak with. The girl nodded and they sat on the tiles of the empty building. The girl told Maria her story.

She’s had everything a girl could ever dream of. But in a blink of an eye, everything that she had suddenly disappeared. She can’t even recognize the girl she used to be. She already felt that something was wrong. She was not the usual “her.” She went home, hoping that everything will be back to normal once she gets some rest. After a while, everything she hoped for, came out the opposite way. She woke up anxious and shocked. She realized that she was paralyzed. She never thought, not even in her dreams, that this will happen to her. A terrifying figure went closer to her, she shut her eyes close, hoping that this was all a dream. Just a bad dream. But then she woke up in darkness. She was screaming for help. She did her best in trying to move! But to no avail. It was killing her, painfully and slowly. Like how a killer will murder his victim. She felt a sting then everything went black once more. Suddenly, she woke up and felt bolts of pain hitting her everywhere. She tried moving but strong forces kept her still. She was going hysterical. All she could possibly think of is when will this end.  Her chest was aching and her eyes, my, tears were falling from it. She woke up in darkness and she found herself, trying her best, to escape from its clutches.

She then drifted off to sleep. But this time she felt like a guardian angel is protecting her. She felt safe. Every time she would feel pain, she would hold a soft hand. Every time she is sleeping, she hears a soft, deep, yet loving and caring voice humming.

But against her will, she had to push him away. But when she was about to give up, she saw light! She was cured! But she saw the man behind every whisper, every kiss, and every touch she felt. He now bid his farewell. She ran to the exit of the hospital only to find him walking away. He was one of the people who were there for her during the darkest moments of her life and now, he’s gone. She started seeing that terrifying person once more. The only difference now is that her guardian angel is not with her anymore. As this piece of literature ends, she lies and as she closes her eyes, the terrifying person drags her to the place where she feared the most. She feels lifeless. She feels numb and she doesn’t know when will this end.

Maria was in tears when the girl’s story ended. She didn’t know what to say so she just hugged the girl and together, their tears fell. The girl said good bye and started running fast. But luckily Maria grabbed her hand and asked her what was her name. The girl smiled sadly and said “Fairen.” She bid goodbye to Maria and off she went with her bike. Maria decided to start pack up and leave. She wanted to go home. Once she reached her house, she sat comfortably and started reading a new page of the notebook. She was slowly getting attached to it.