Chapter 5: Psychopathic

“She was special. She wasn’t a friend that I had adventures with. She was a part of my dreams. Out of everyone that I loved being with, she was one that I never liked coming back to. She triggered something in me that I didn’t like. In fact, I hated her. There was no way I could escape her. She would creep up in my sleep whenever she wished and left whenever she wanted to.”

 ●

She feels so empowered, too much that she has been set to the point of someone's extinction. Currently, she stood at a corner, watching every step that man took. He looks familiar. Yes, he is for he is the only man I have lived for, in the past.

A tinge of anger may become unbearable at some point. She didn't want to do something that she'd regret, yet, Maria, herself, is turning into a monster she never thought she would become.

"He who had fooled you must pay." It was the only thing Syc was telling her. At the back of her head, she still thought of him and how he slowly turned into a stranger. Why does she now feel what she felt? Why is she now doubting herself?

She left her with no choice. Her self-restrain has failed her.

She attempted murder with her own hands almost taking his life away. she was overtaken by her anger but seeing his pleading eyes made her realize that after all, she loved him.

Then a conclusion ran across her mind. She is not Maria. She is imprisoned in this wrecked mind and hurt soul who wants to come out of their shelters. If she's not her then..

Who is she?

She sat up quickly, panting and full of sweat. ‘It was just a nightmare,’ she thought. It was a nightmare but it had, somehow, a real effect on her. She ran down and drank water, as much as she could take. Whatever she felt was not like anything before. She felt stuck, hopeless, and scared. Maria considered it a traumatizing experience.

As she walked to her room, she felt pressed. It felt like she was chained to weights that pressed her down and gave her such a hard time walking to her room. Was it her? Maybe, she didn’t want it to happen again.

Finally, she reached her room. She sat down on the bed and closed her eyes. Maybe it’ll go away, she thought. But she knew she didn’t. She took the journal and opened a page. Whatever she was reading wasn’t even getting inside her head. Nothing but fear filled her head.

She wished for it to stop.