Chapter 12: Pranksters

“Whenever I hear the word ‘prank,’ the first two people that come up in my mind is them. Those crazy twins. They acted like children, but I loved being with them anyway. When we were together, it wasn’t only them who were crazy. I was wild with them too.”

Waking up confused, Maria went downstairs only to see herself standing in front of a mirror, wet with water and covered with flour. She felt furious but she also wanted to laugh, looking at her flour–covered self in the mirror.

“Now that was a good one!” Said the one laughing on the ground wearing blue. Maria felt a jolt of electricity in her when she heard a man spoke behind her.

“I’m pretty sure it was great, dude!” Said the one who was holding the large mirror who was wearing purple in front of Maria. ‘Dude?’ Maria thought.

Then Maria looked at them curiously, thinking of how they got in.

“Wait! You aren’t George,” said the guy wearing the purple shirt.

“Yeah! She isn’t George!” Maria was confused, curious about how they knew George after hearing his name a bunch of times.

“Who are you guys?” then they answered her happily.

“Hey, man! I’m Lucas. The older one.” said the guy who was wearing purple.

“Hey, dude, I’m Marcus! The younger one! What did you do to George?” Then, Lucas nudged him with Maria noticing. Lucas then told her to get cleaned up.

“Hey, how did you two get in?” She asked them.

“Oh. You didn’t know? We have keys to this house.” Marcus said.

“George gave it to us. In case we got bored and wanted to have fun.” Frightened, Maria still sat down on the sofa with the two.

“Who is George?” She asked, acting clueless. She wanted to know who he is to them, and why they kept mentioning him.

“You will know who George is, soon,” said Lucas. She didn’t mind it anymore because everyone kept saying that she will know him soon. The two boys suddenly pulled her up then dragged her outside her house. She was scared being dragged out the house by the two young boys close to her age, but acted way younger than she is.

  “We’ll take you to an amazing party! It’ll be so cool, man.” Said Marcus.

“Just go with the flow, okay?” She didn’t bother complaining, then they hopped in the car and Lucas drove them to the party as the older one.

“We will prank everyone there! This will be fun!”  Marcus, as the younger one, said happily while his brother Lucas was excited after hearing what he said. Looking at the two boys, Maria felt a smile creep up on her face. Seeing how the two boys are happy just by joking around with people.

They arrived at the party. Just as Lucas stated to Maria a while back, she went with the flow and pranked people with the two strangers she had just met earlier. Although she knew that, she had fun because she felt welcomed by the people in their town. Feeling thankful for the joyous night, they arrived at her door. She went in as she said bye to the two boys who had just left. Having gone to her room tired from the wonderful night she had, she felt dizzy and then fell on the ground unconsciously and started to see everything black in color.