Getting to know the rest of the fam

I notice Jungkook motioning over Jimin when people around us are starting to get up. They talk for a moment, only in whispers so I can't pick up their voices, and they both glance at me shortly. I quickly look back down, focusing on the dirty plate in front of me, feeling my cheeks heat up. I hear footsteps nearing me and a hand lands on my shoulder. I flinch in surprise. "Hey", Jimin's familiar voice calms me down a bit, "Jungkook wants you to stay here for a moment to get to know you. Will you manage that without me?"

I nod slowly, hoping my beating heart isn't too evident to hear.

"See you in the morning, alright?", he smiles brightly, patting my head. I mumble a quick goodnight and get startled as the door closes and silence fills the room. I'm alone with Jungkook. I can hear his breathing, all the way from his head of the table, his scent only now evident as all the other wolves left.

"Taehyung"

I get startled as my name leaves his mouth. And oh how I love it, my name drenched in his perfect voice. I close my eyes, replaying it in my mind a couple more times.

"Look at me"

I'm sure the tips of my ears are a burning red when I meet his gaze from the other side of the table. I almost whimper from the look in his eyes. They are so dark, almost like the night sky. A small smile plays on his lips. I wonder how they'd feel against mine. I melt on the inside and slap myself mentally. What the heck am I thinking of?

"W-why am I here?", I mutter softly, not knowing what else to say.

"Aren't you glad I saved you from Luhan?", he asks blankly, "Would you've rather stayed there?"

I quickly shake my head, "N-no! I'm very grateful you did what you did. But... I have no idea what I'm doing here..."

"Do you have anywhere else to go?", he folds his hands and leans his chin on them. I gulp at the action, he looks so damn attractive. His cheekbones could practically cut down a tree from their sharpness.

Oh yeah, he asked me something. I shake my head again. "My owners were killed by alphas".

He seems to be taken aback by this. He blinks a few time, opening his mouth and closing it again. He drops his hands on the table, his palms flat against the wooden surface.

"What do you mean by...owners?", he gives me strange look.

I scrape my throat, a bit embarrassed to tell my mate my pathetic life story. "I was found wandering alone in the woods when I was six year old. A family found me and took me in, but not as their son, more like their dog. I was put in the shed with a chain around my feet and told to shift into my wolf from every time the kids wanted to play with the dog. I-", I cough, averting my eyes away from his shocked face," I'd never eaten human food before this evening and this-", I pull at the sweater I'm wearing, "Is also a first time".

I notice he has set his nails into the table surface, almost in anger. My stomach drops. Why did I tell him this? As if he didn't already think of me as a pathetic waste I now convinced him even more to reject me. He doesn't reply so I take that as enough of an answer. I quickly push my chair back, drawing his attention back to me. "I-I'm kind of tired, s-so I'll just go to sleep now, if I may"

He nods, still lost in thought with a painful expression on his face. I can't look at him any longer. He's an example of all the things I can't have. I try not to run out but I'm still speed walking out of the room, leaving the addicting smell and crushing silence.

~

Morning comes way too fast for my liking. I couldn't close my eyes all night, my mind kept wandering to all the events that happened the past days. I haven't slept, not even for a few minutes, but I still don't want to leave this bed. Leaving the bed means facing Jungkook and I can't endure that today. The morning sun floods the chamber, shining on my tired figure. I sigh, wondering what the hell I'm even doing here. My mate doesn't want me and the only person who's actually nice to me is Jimin.

"Knock knock!"

No one actually knocks on the door, only saying it out loud, and the door swings open seconds later to reveal a pretty man. He's wearing a pink shirt and blue jeans, dragging along another man with blonde hair.

"Hi there", the first man smiles with his full lips, "The name's Jin and this over here is my mate Namjoon".

The second guy waves awkwardly.

"Jimin thought you'd feel alone with only his company so he told us to go greet you", Jin explains, the bed dipping when he sits on it, "How are you feeling?"

I shrug. What am I feeling? I have no idea.

"Good I guess, a little confused", I admit, fumbling with the bedcovers.

"I understand that. Jimin hasn't fully informed us, but we heard a little bit about Luhan, I'm going to kill him one day I swear, and about you being Jungkook's mate".

I tense. Has this news been spreading? Is everyone in the pack going to know about me and Jungkook? I don't think he wants that. He doesn't want me.

"But enough about that. I'm here to dress you because I've heard you don't know much about human clothes?"

I nod my head in embarrassment. "That's okay! I love clothes so I'll pick your outfit for today".

His mate, Namjoon, who has been quiet the whole time, scrapes his throat, "And I'm here to tell you about the pack".

I get dressed by Jin into something called sweatpants, totally embarrassing myself when I ask him if they're pants made out of sweat. Good going , Taehyung, you stupid idiot. Sweatpants, besides the confusing name, are actually really comfortable. I get a loose black sweater to match with the black pants. I really love the color black, despite my wolf form being completely white. Namjoon informs me about the pack. It consists of a whole lot of people. Jungkook is the head alpha of the pack, having proven his strength when he entered the group 4 years ago when he was only fourteen. Jimin, Yoongi, Jin and Namjoon are in the closest circle, they are practically the advice givers. There are more or less ten other betas in the pack but I'm too lazy to actually remember their names. Yoongi and Namjoon are alphas while their mates are only betas. I'm the only omega here, which isn't a big surprise seeing Baek told me male omegas are really rare.

"Breakfast is almost ready", Jin walks to the door, trailing behind Namjoon,"You can come out when you feel ready. I'm sure it'll be scary to go alone so Jimin will be waiting for you in the room next door".

I nod and wave them goodbye, sitting down on the bed once again. I'll have to face Jungkook again after almost running out yesterday. I'm so pathetic.

Sighing, I decide to see Jimin because being on my own will only result into getting a headache or crying. There's no one on the hallway when I peek outside and sigh in relief, making my way to Jimin's room. I freeze once I catch the discusssion going on inside his room and I stop in front of the door, eavesdropping.

"He's been a dog for his whole life!"

Jungkook's voice rings out. I tense, realizing they're talking about me.

"Yes... and?"

"For god's sake Jimin don't act so confident! Don't pretend you weren't shocked when you heard that? What do we do!?", Jungkook's tone is a mix of frustration and anger.

He hates me, doesn't he? My bottom lips trembles and my eyes burn. Don't cry. Don't cry. Do not cry Taehyung, I'm serious.

"So what? What's your point?", Jimin is irked by Jungkook, I can tell.

"It- It's"

Please don't say it. Please don't break me. Please don't reject me.

Jungkook sighs deeply,"Disgusting".

That does it. My feet suddenly start moving, bolting to the nearest exit in a way so fast I feel like people would only see a blurry figure when I'd pass them. The woods are my hideout, the leaves almost hugging me as I run into the bushes. I fall on my knees, putting my face in my hands and cry.

I cry like there's no tomorrow.