I am a mistake and make a lot of mistakes

That day after school, with people constantly mentioning how I looked like a bulldozer ran over me (and me not telling them it was because of a rape dream), I sigh in relief when we finally make it back to the pack grounds. I rush out of the car, wanting nothing more than take a long nap and forget about anything for a while. The others chuckle behind me, seeing the happy boy I am, skipping to his cabin with a backpack in hand. I ignore their laughter and make it to my cabin, sinking down on the soft mattress and curling into a ball.

Ahh peace and silence. I snuggle into the sheets and hug the pillow in my arms, wishing it was Jungkook. Before I could snooze off into dreamland a knock interrupts my peace. I groggily get out of the bed and slam the door open.

"What?", I snap at the person. I realize there's no one at the door and close it rather quickly. I shouted at air... Okay then. Did I imagine the knock?

Another knock sounds as if it's an answer to my question. I realize it doesn't come from the door but as I turn around I slightly jump when I see a person standing in front of my window, smiling sheepishly.

"Hoseok?", I mouth at him and he points to the window for me to open it. I step over to him and open the window so we can talk.

"What are you doing here, on pack ground? Jungkook could notice you. The pack could notice you! They'd chase you around", I say with small panic. He grabs me by the shoulder and soon a frantic expression appears on his face.

"Taehyung!", he shakes me around.

"What is it?", I ask quite confused. Why would he risk his life by coming here?

"Baekhyun", he explains, "His- his mate died".

"What!?", I yell in shock, "What? How? –"

"I have no idea but I was near the pack grounds trying to steal food when I found Baekhyun crying near the forest like you did when we first met. He told me to get you, told me only you could help him as he only trusts you", he says rapidly, "So here I am".

"B-but that's the EXO pack...", I step back in fear, eyes wide, "I-I can't go there".

"Tae please. Baekyun doesn't want to see anyone except you".

"B-but", I try to reason. Jungkook would kill me if I went there. Heck, I'd kill myself for going there. But it's for Baekhyun, and he was the first person ever in my life to be nice to me and explain things. Could I just leave him in the state he's in now? His mate freaking died! I can't image in what pain I would be in if Jungkook ever died- I don't even want to think about it.

"Okay", I nod after making up my mind, "I'll come. But not for long".

Hoseok helps me climbing out of the window and together we run off to the nearby EXO pack. I honestly don't get it. If they're such rivals, why are their packs so close to each other?

The question fades away as Hoseok sneaks me to Baekhyun's window and helps me through it. The bedroom is empty so we try to find Baekhyun in the living room. He's there, singing and dancing along to music.

"Baek?", I ask confused. Is this some way to relieve the pain? Dancing helps heart break and grief?

"Taehyung!?", Baekhyun stops the radio and looks at me wide-eyed. I catch the confusion in his eyes, probably the same that's in my eyes. I turn to Hoseok but realize he disappeared.

What the heck?

"What are you doing here?!", Baekhyun panics, looking back at his front door like a pack of wolves could storm right through there.

"Y-your mate died. Hoseok told me you needed me", I try to explain but the confusion only grows in his eyes and my mind clears as realization dawns on me.

"I-I need to leave", I stutter, backing away from him.

"Tae? What's wrong? My mate didn't die", Baekhyun tilts his head but steps forward trying to comfort me.

"T-this is a trap. Luhan. H-he planned this", I bite back a sob as I realize Hoseok lied to me, he was just a part of the plan. Was he ever my friend? Is he even a rogue? Was he just put in the woods to gain my trust as the last piece of puzzle to get me back in the pack?

Baekhyun's eyes widen and he looks back at the door that's now being banged on.

"Go!", he yells, "Go Tae!"

I make a run for the window but a guy jumps in front of me, trapping me in his strong hold. The door bursts open and five men step in, the one in the front smirking evilly.

"Welcome back omega", Luhan smiles, "You'll never leave again".

🌙

OooOOooOooOOh