Chapter 32 - Disturbed (Edited)

(Any reproductions of this story other than on https://www.wattpad.com/394008710-gast are not permitted by the Intellectual owner of this property. If you see any reproductions on other sites you should inform myself immediately as that is a breach of the copyright laws that protect this story.)

Song = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwxUgefMStM

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." George Carlin

Adam sped the car across the road and into the adjoining car park that was attached to the block of flats. He slammed on the brakes, the car groaned a protest, the tires smoked and Adam shot forward in his seat. The car continued to roll forward before it hit the bollards and reluctantly stopped. Adam was already out of the vehicle and running towards the glass entrance of the flats. He gripped his phone so hard that the glass had begun to crack.

The phone continued to dial in his trembling hands.

"Pick Up!!!"

He cursed as it flicked once more to Lily's voicemail. His attention was fully focused on redialling Lily. So much so that he paid no heed to the sound of crunching glass under his boots and reached out to press the buzzer. He stared at what should have been the glass door and slowly realized what had happened. Without a second thought, he ended the call and raced up the stairs.

With frenzy, he ran down the hall and skidded to a halt outside her door. The door was ajar, the room cast in shadows that seemed to contain mass. In the silence, Adam heard a noise that made his body tense. The sound of eating.

"Lily!"

Adam called out to the dark apartment and flicked the lights on. The bulbs were energy saving and slowly began to illuminate the room. Adam paused as he noticed something that the shadows had secreted from him earlier. The carpet in the center of the apartment was blood soaked. He stared down at blood and blinked in disbelief. The blood remained and with its defiance to disperse caused bile to rise from his stomach. He tried to swallow and quench the nausea but his senses taunted him. His sense of smell hit him like a violent tsunami and he leaned forward to retch. The room stank of decay and copper. All the while the sound of gnawing continued.

Adam emptied the contents of his stomach on to the crimson carpet, after a short period of time he wiped his mouth and suppressed the nauseating fire that raced through his gullet.

He walked closer to the sound of gnawing but remained hopeful that his sanity was merely playing tricks on him. He winced as the carpet squelched under his weight. He tried to focus on the sound and block out everything else. The sound came from the bedroom. He pushed open the door that was already ajar and ran as he saw Lily's arm reaching out from the side of the bed. The hand twitched slightly with the sound of eating.

"Lily!" He called out to her.

The arm stopped twitching, the room was silent. Adam walked around the side of the bed, hopefully, Lily was just unconscious. He walked around and dropped to his knees as soon as he saw that her arm was not attached to anything...

Adam stared open mouthed and saw the teeth marks on her arm and the gnawed bone that was attached to it. Then he saw the dog. The German shepherd's muzzle was crimson with Lily's blood. The brown fur painted red.

The German shepherd watched him with silence, the two stared at one another and in a split second the dog snarled and revealed blood stained canines. Adam fell backward and raised his hands in defense as it leaped at his throat. He struggled under both the weight of the feral beast and moved his neck inches to the side as it clamped its jaws together.

The dog's eyes glowed bright amber as if its eyes were made from actual amber jewels.

Adam held the dog inches from his throat with all his might, sweat poured from his forehead and curved its way into his eyes. Adam screamed as the dog managed to slowly overpower him.

Rose sat on the bed and watched every little detail. She smiled and as the dog was about to tear his throat out she held her fingers to her lips and whistled silently.

Adam couldn't see her or hear her whistle but the Dog could. At the sound of her whistle, the feral beast diverted its attention from him and stared at the bed as if someone was there.

The dog stared in silence, its ears moved slightly. The dog turned its gaze back to Adam and licked his face before it leaped from him and sped out of the apartment.

Adam rolled to the side out of breath and stared at the open bedroom door with distrust.

Rose stared at him from the open doorway with a sadistic glee and waved her hand through the air. The door slammed shut on Adam hard enough to shake the house. Rose walked slowly out of the apartment. Her mission here had been achieved. Adam was hers once more. Hers to kiss, hers to bite, hers to rip inside out.

She smiled as he opened the door, his face contorted with both rage and confusion. He stared at her and saw nothing at first. Then his eye's widened with fear and she turned her back on him and walked from the room.

Adam raced after her, but as he exited the apartment, he looked around and saw nothing... Then he saw the flashing blue lights as the police sped towards him.

They found Adam sat at the base of the stairwell, covered in both blood and sweat. They tried to speak to him but he stared at them unresponsive.

"What happened?" Asked the officer.

Adam stared at him in silence and pointed upstairs after at least ten seconds of delay.

Officer Shaw walked into the room and stared open mouthed at the blood. He followed the trail to the bedroom, saw Lily's arm and turned 180 degrees and emptied the contents of his stomach onto the floor.

He returned from the apartment several minutes later, his face white from shock, his stomach empty and his throat sore from disgust.

He turned to Adam who was still sat and paying great attention to the floor and pulled him upright. Adam stared at him; the vacant look had departed from his eyes.

Shaw shuddered and struggled to maintain eye contact before he spoke with no control over his tone.

"You're nicked..."

He snarled as his brain recalled the mental imagery of the crime scene. Every limb was scattered throughout the apartment. He had found her head severed and open mouthed in a silent scream.