Chapter 34 - Rise (Edited)

(Any reproductions of this story other than on https://www.wattpad.com/394008710-gast are not permitted by the Intellectual owner of this property. If you see any reproductions on other sites you should inform myself immediately as that is a breach of the copyright laws that protect this story.)

"To err is human, to forgive, divine." Alexander Pope

Song = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ogw7DCoEg

The pale skinned hand traced its way down his chest and Adam moaned and mumbled incoherently. The fingers tenderly caressed his weary flesh and left a trail of Goosebumps in their path.

He called out to someone in the dark. As soon as the name left his lips, the loving caress ceased, the hand paused at his navel, the fingers clenched into a taut fist.

Rose stared at Adam whilst he tossed and turned in his fretful slumber. She watched him with both intense rage and longing. She wanted him to be able to touch her. To tighten his fingers around her hips with such a force that he left bruises. She wanted to feel loved...

It was just him and her now. The way it should have been all along. Soon Adam would be able to touch her... Touch her rotten and maggot infested flesh and know true suffering as she clawed her way into his flesh.

He would pay for wasting the years they had shared together. He had strung her along from the very beginning why else had she died without a ring on her finger and without a legacy to call her own... without children. She was alone, Discarded and disheveled in the darkness, tortured by the sound of the silence of death. She was alone, trapped in a perpetual limbo but not for long. Soon she would feel the warm rays of the sun on her skin.

Rose smiled at the prospect of returning a corporeal state of existence, leaned into Adams' ear and screamed louder than she had ever before.

Adam woke instantly, his eyes wide and dilated with fear. He cupped his hands protectively over his ears and fell out of his bed. At the base of the bed, he curled his knees closer to his body and wept.

He had slept but only as a result of exhaustion... His sleep was restless at the best of times, between her screams, and the dreams he found himself constantly exhausted.

It had been three weeks since he was released from the police station and since then she was everywhere and nowhere... One moment he was alone with nothing but his madness, the next she would manifest into existence. Usually inches from him and screaming with rage.

He tried to eat to maintain his health but Rose had other ideas, she clearly wanted him to be weak. She would point an accusatory finger at him and whatever he was eating would become replaced by maggots. Water would taste like ash in his mouth. It had been over a week since he had managed to stomach anything without running to the bathroom and vomiting. Between the exhaustion and lack of food, it had started to have an effect on both his appearance and overall health. His clothing that once fit perfectly on him had now begun to feel baggy. His once muscular body was now nothing but gaunt flesh and prominent bones... And then there was the hunger induced migraines... He felt as is his skull was splitting in two, his vision would blur and sometimes flip completely rendering him immobile.

Adam screamed as the pain raced through his eardrums. It was only a matter of time before he perforated his eardrums himself. He didn't want to but he could not take the screams another moment longer.

It was a while before Adam recognized the sound of silence. The screams had stopped. He slowly pulled himself from the cold comfort of the floor and felt woozy; sweat had covered his gaunt body. He needed to eat something fast but he would not give Rose the pleasure. He would rather starve than let the bitch play with him another moment longer.