Epilogue - The Sound of Silence (Edited)

(Any reproductions of this story other than on https://www.wattpad.com/394008710-gast are not permitted by the Intellectual owner of this property. If you see any reproductions on other sites you should inform myself immediately as that is a breach of the copyright laws that protect this story.)

"And no one dared, Disturb the sound of silence. Fools, said I, you do not know, Silence like a cancer grows." The Sound Of Silence Lyrics

Song = The Sound of Silence by Disturbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

(Author note)

(Well it's done... Gast is officially finished with sorry for the delay but I had more than a few problems with the ending... I had to do a rewrite to fix it this was the 8th rewrite. Let me know what you guys think.)

James woke to the screaming, it sounded as if the world itself was screaming... His parents were screaming, the neighbors were screaming... the wind itself was screaming...

James fell from his bed, his hands firmly pressed over his ears, he haphazardly stumbled to his feet, raced out of his room and crashed into his parent's bedroom. His mother kneeled on the floor, her modesty stripped bare, and she screamed, her eyes were wide with terror, her mouth wide from screaming, her finger nails had dug deep into her ears. deep enough to draw blood but not to deafen... His father was stood upright and repeatedly banging his head into the stone wall, plaster cracked, so too did his skull... as blood ran from his head. James tried to stop them but as he approached they only screamed louder...

With terror, he fled from them and instead ran to his older brothers room. As he grasped his hand on the door knob he recognized the sound of his brothers scream also... unable to bring himself to witness the events that transpired inside the room. James ran downstairs, fumbled with the locked door and made it outside... Wide eyed he stared at the houses around him and listened to the scream that came from within... He ran as fast as his legs could carry him yet he was unable to outrun the screaming... he ran past several streets before finally giving up... James dropped to his knees, tears ran from his eyes as he waited for the screaming to stop...

A boy with blond hair stepped from the shadows, gazed at him with his ocean blue eyes and smiled before he ran away. James called out to him but his voice was surely drowned out by all the screams...

He followed the boy, always a stone throw away from him, James was dripping with sweat now, his bare feet bloody from the gravel... He stopped... he had to stop, he couldn't run any longer, his lungs felt as if they were on fire... James had never been good at sport, especially track... something he had come to regret in this moment... The boy was long gone by now... James breathed labored and slowly slunk to the ground. It took a while for his brain to recognize the sound of silence... The screaming had stopped... the world was silent once more...

James sighed and pinched himself, this was surely a nightmare... he just had to wake up...

He was sat wincing as he pinched his flesh when she snuck up behind him... She had watched him from afar... at first, she was scared to see him, mainly because he looked insane as he shouted out to thin air... as she followed she slowly came to realize that he probably wasn't alone in his madness... if there were others they would all be strange... Who could blame them...

Claire sighed with relief as the screaming stopped, she looked back at the direction of her house and shed a tear for her aunt... she had always felt cursed that both her parents had died when she was young... she had spent most of her adolescence hating the Christian God. But tonight as he awoke to her aunt screaming... the town screaming... she knew that she was in fact lucky... Claire snuck up behind him slowly... she stood still, watched and waited whilst he wept and finally spoke...

"Hey..."

It was weak but who could blame her... what else could she really say...

James gasped and slowly turned around to see her... she was dressed in her pajama's, something that normally would have awoken his teenage libido... But right now, he didn't see another hot girl... he only saw another lost soul...

James smiled and patted the grass beside him. She stared at him confused but eventually she nodded and sat beside him, the two looked outwards beyond the town and sat in silence... if they had spoken then they would have known that they were both thinking the same thing...

What now...