xvii. "caught up in the game," that was the last i heard..

When Tyler had reached the garage, Mark wasn't back yet, he sat against the hood of his own car –barely driven- for a while thinking or trying hard not to, depending on what topics his brain decided to stumble upon. A thought struck him as he tried to plan his actions when he got back from this 'drive'. Mark wasn't back yet still so he pushed himself off his car, dusting off the suit he wore for 'business'. He swiftly made his way back to his room, hoping he didn't bump into anyone.

He unlocked his bedroom door and slipped quietly inside. As gently as he could he roused Josh.

"Baby, I need these clothes." He tugged on the dirty t-shirt Josh was wearing as Josh's eyes tried to open, his face screwed up in pain as he tried to shift. "Can I change you please?" Tyler whispered softly hovering over Josh's face. Josh attempted a weak nod and a mumbled 'yes' so Tyler placed a kiss on his forehead before peeling back the bed sheets.

He removed the trousers Josh was wearing, they were too tattered, probably chafing if he hadn't been sat in the same corner for most his time in captivity. He'd not had chance to change them from when he had been captured so Tyler almost faltered when he realised he wasn't wearing boxers. The memory of the day, of Josh's betrayed expression as he'd been pushed out of the room. Carefully Tyler supported Josh as he tried to sit up enough to let Tyler remove his shirt. His eyelids fluttering against his high cheekbones as he flopped back onto the bed with exhaustion.

He lay exposed, but not in a way that should make him blush. This wasn't about sex this was about Tyler taking care of his most prized possession. Tyler tried to ignore the way his heart hurt and the sight of the nasty purple and yellow that splattered across his now protruding ribs, some how the faint outline of Josh's abs was still definable despite the weeks of starvation and torture. His freckles stood out more as his skin seemed paler. Tyler sniffed, bunching up the dirty clothes in his hand and placing them down on the side before rooting through his draws for a clean pair of boxers and a t-shirt. Tyler had a habit of buying t-shirts two sizes too big so he knew it would drown Josh's own frame much the same, especially now he was skinnier.

Still treating Josh like he was made of glass, ready to shatter. His breathing was jagged as Tyler had to move his arms into their respective sleeves. Josh stared at him half-lidded, teetering on the edge of sleep, ready to get swept away with the tide.

Tyler pulled his boxers up, and placed another light kiss to Josh's forehead when he felt him shivering, Josh's arms had been rather cold when he'd dressed him. He grabbed a pair of sweats and some socks and quickly dressed Josh in them, pulling the bed sheets up to his shoulders. He placed a kiss on Josh's temple about to move away when he felt Josh's hand escape the covers to wrap around his wrist. He shivered as his cold fingers pressed weakly into his wrist, Josh tugged him closer as best he could and Tyler took the hint. He considered the fact Mark was waiting but decided to ignore it when Josh looked at him, finally opening his eyes.

Tyler climbed into the bed next to him, sitting up against the headboard, letting Josh curl into him and leach his body heat. Josh rested his head just below Tyler's chest as he rubbed soothing circles into Josh's back. Josh was asleep in seconds, still shivering minutely.

Tyler lost track of time as he watched Josh sleep, lost in his own world of worry. Josh's face, though slack occasionally tensed, brow furrowing or corners of his mouth twitching into an almost frown, the pain evident on his face. His fist held a little tighter to Tyler's jacket when he tensed like that but Tyler only had to rub light fingertips over his spine to cause him to let out a little puff of air and relax. Tyler didn't want to have to leave him, even though he knew he needed to.

The handle to his door slowly began to open and fear punched a hole from the base of his spine and out his chest as he froze.

Mark's confused face poked through the door.