xxii. well, shit, at least you tried.

tw// guns, violence, blood, wounds, cauterising of a wound at one point, lots of death and blood and just idk this is kinda bloody and violent but there's no gore or anything cos i'm not that kinda person. (ps im sorry)

-x-

Tyler physically gasps, his eyes shooting open as he watched his father drop to the floor, revealing Mark stood behind him, arms shaking and eyes wild.

Before Tyler can even let Josh go or anyone can react beyond shock, Chris Joseph turns around and pulls the trigger, shooting Mark in the chest.

Tyler runs, before he can stop himself, running straight to where his father is still looking at Mark, who's dropped to his knees, and kicks him in the face. The gun flies from his father's hands at the same time something in his nose cracks.

Tyler spots the memory stick just out of his reach, having fallen from his father's pocket as he fell and snatches it up before Tyler's scrabbling across the floor to his best friend's side.

"Mark no, no, no, no. You idiot what did you do that for!" Tyler says, trying to apply pressure to the seeping chest wound. Mark is shaking, hands covered in blood as he collapses further into Tyler's grasp.

"I told you I was in this to the end, couldn't-" he grunts with pain, throat tightening as he loses far too much blood. "Couldn't let you die now."

"Just hold on okay, stay with me?" Tyler pleads his eyes filling with tears. He's pressing down as hard as he can on the wound but Mark has already lost colour in his face.

"G-go, save y-yourself please." Mark says nodding weakly as Tyler shakes his head and tries not to cry. He's clinging to him so tightly.

Josh watches the scene, frozen and unable to think of what to do. He picks up the gun that's found its way to his feet but he can't stop shaking.

He hears a click and looks up from his hands to find Chris Joseph holding another gun at him. Before he can even process what's happening, there's another gunshot and Chris Joseph is dead, bleeding out onto the floor, a bullet lodged between his eyes.

Tyler makes some kind of strangled noise and suddenly Josh is back in the world looking up to see his father and brother watching Tyler beg Mark to stay alive.

"We left it half an hour like you instructed but it was a good job we came." His father says, gently taking the gun from Josh's shaking hands as his brother claps him on the shoulder.

"Mark come on buddy." Tyler begs again and Mark blinks at him, drowsy and barely hanging on, already slipping away.

"Tyler we have to go." Josh finally says but his voice breaks and Tyler shakes his head, screaming that he's not leaving without Mark. Rocking Mark's semi-conscious body back and forth as he cries.

Before anyone can bargain with Tyler a group of bodyguards are swarming in through the garage door, followed by the Senator. Everyone gapes and puts their guns out except for Tyler who wraps himself protectively around Mark.

Senator Morgan slowly steps into the garage. He eyes the dead man on the floor before looking at the dying one. He huffs, as though this is a minor inconvenience rather than a heinous crime scene.

"Well, this just won't do. Chris was my business partner, but he warned me you'd already know that." The senator says, sounding almost bored.

"I'm afraid I can't let you leave, I can't have anyone leaking my private doings, that just wouldn't look good to congress now, would it?" He says and suddenly his body guards have Tyler in their grasp, yanking him off Mark. He kicks and screams desperately because without him putting pressure on the wound Mark is definitely going to bleed out.