xix. told you that no matter what you did I'd be by your side

a/n: so terribly sorry for not updating in so long, got a little stuck and then the writing gods sent me an epiphany and now i am out of my block!!! there's now only 3 more chapters left after this one which is exciting and intense. I bring the return of smut with me!! Enjoy!

-x-

As the week came to an end, the pressure finally settled over the pair of lovers. They'd spent the week getting Josh back to strength, planning and re-planning and stressing over their next course of action.

Tyler's father returned to the mansion in not fourteen hours and Tyler felt sure he was going to pass out with how violently he started shaking whenever he thought about that information for too long.

"Ty, come here." Josh said when he noticed Tyler's breathing was too ragged. Josh slipped his hand out and pulled Tyler across the bed until he was pressed firmly into Josh's right side. The sun was just rising and casting a dim glow across the room, the perfect amount of light to see everything in the bluey-darkness, comforting. The temperature had dropped as dawn broke and Tyler shivered as Josh's cool arm slid around him. Cool fingertips ran up and down his side as he took deep breaths. "There's time, we still have time." Josh promised quietly, nosing at his cheek before placing light kisses along his jaw.

Tyler thread his right hand into Josh's hair to hold him close, but he didn't stop staring at the ceiling. He'd barely slept and Josh's concern for him only seemed to make him more stressed, no matter how much he tried to tell himself not to. He needed something to distract him, an anchor to remind him what was real and what was a nightmare cooked up by his head and he knew instantly what he needed.

Tyler turned his head slowly, guiding Josh's head so that their lips brushed. Tyler pushed closer, slipping his tongue inside Josh's mouth. Josh welcomed it easily, kissing back sloppily, still sleepy.

Tyler shifted onto his side and Josh moved too, so they were pressed chest to chest, both hands threading into Josh's soft curls. Josh wrapped his own arms more firmly around Tyler's waist, responding eagerly to the sudden rush of affection.

"Love you." Tyler whispered against Josh's lips, rubbing their noses together before pecking his lips again. He began trailing hot wet kisses down Josh's jaw and neck, nipping occasionally, knowing it drove Josh wild. Josh moaned softly, nails biting into the skin of Tyler's hips.

Tyler moved his hands down Josh's back to settle under his sleep shorts, cupping his ass and squeezing once roughly. Josh squeezed his eyes shut with a whimper. He tugged on Tyler's hair so that he could crash their lips together, rolling his hips into Tyler's.

"Josh?" Tyler said against his lips desperately between kisses.

Josh let out a grunt of acknowledgment as he rolled his hips again. Tyler whimpered, "Want you." He said still kissing his boyfriend needily.

"All yours." Josh promised breathily as he rolled on top of Tyler, grinding his hips still. Spurred on by Josh's consent, Tyler removed his hands from Josh's shorts in favour of pushing them down. Josh lifted himself up a little to help, not breaking his lips away.

Once Josh was free of his shorts, he pulled at the hem of Tyler's shirt and Tyler finally broke away, eagerly pulling his shirt over his head before shimmying out of his pyjama pants. Josh chuckled as he used the time to reach across to the bedside drawer for lube Tyler kept there.

Tyler wrapped his legs around Josh's waist and began kissing him feverishly as Josh blindly fumbled to slick his fingers. They didn't break their kiss as Josh began pressing a finger at Tyler's entrance.