Karen

"Always thinking that it's gonna be forever"

I had just gotten home from Wayne's studio. We are working on our next album. So far we have three songs written that we want to put on the album. Mark has been working with a new artist. Carrie Underwood. She just won American Idol and is starting on her career and is working on an album as well. Mark is playing bass on most of her songs and is hoping to get a spot in her band when she starts touring. I hope he does because he seems to really like working with her and it would be a good gig for him.

I decided to start on dinner. Mark said he would be home around 6:00 and it's about 5:00 now. I planned lasagna for tonight so I pulled out all the stuff to make it. I got the noodles that you didn't have to boil before you bake. I put the lasagna together and put it in the oven. I set the timer and cleaned up. When I cleaned up the kitchen, I moved on to the living room and did a little cleaning in there. I was on a roll and dusted and vacuumed. I heard the timer go off and went back into the kitchen and pulled the lasagna out of the oven and set it on the stove. I checked my phone and had a text from Mark.

"Hey babe, I'm going to be a little late tonight. I'm still at the studio" he said.

"OK. I'll keep dinner warm for you :)" I responded.

I put the oven on a low heat and put the lasagna back in the oven to keep it warm. I decided to wait for Mark to come home.

I waited around for another hour and a half. It was 8:00 and I was starving. Clearly he isn't coming home anytime soon, so I decided to eat dinner without him. I can't really be mad at him because there have been nights where I didn't come home until 8:00 or 9:00.

By the time it was 10:00, I texted him again to find out when he would be home.

"Hey, it's already 10:00. Are you going to be home soon?" I asked.

"I didn't realize it was that late. We should be wrapping it up soon" he said.

"Ok. I'm going to go to bed so make sure you lock the door when you come home" I said.

"Ok" he replied.

I put the lasagna away and turned off the lights downstairs. I made my way up to our bedroom. I changed into my pajamas which include a pair of athletic shorts and an oversized t-shirt. Then I went into the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I turned off the lights and crawled into bed. Apparently I was really tired because I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The next morning I woke up to my alarm going off. I quick turned it off so it wouldn't wake Mark. I slowly crawled out of bed and got ready to go to the studio. We've been trying to start earlier so we can be done earlier. I hopped in the shower then got dressed. I dried my hair and did my makeup. Then I walked out of the bathroom and I saw that Mark wasn't in the bed anymore. I went downstairs and found Mark in the kitchen making a pot of coffee.

"Morning" I said with a smile.

"Morning. Sorry I got home so late last night. We just got carried away" he said and kissed me.

"Its okay" I smiled.

"I'll probably be late again. We're really trying to finish this album" he said.

"Alright" I said and took a sip of coffee.

We ate breakfast and then went on with our day.

I pulled up to the studio and headed in. I was the first one there besides Wayne. I walked in and he was playing around on the guitar. Then shortly after, the other three walked in. We got started right away. We stayed at the studio until 5:00. We were really on a roll with our writing and wrote two songs and recorded one of them before calling it a day.