Karen

"Always thinking it's a good thing"

I am a little over five months pregnant. Mine and Mark's divorce is almost finalized. We have an appointment with a judge next month to sign the final papers and it will all be over. There will be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders once it's finalized and I can focus on this little baby inside of me.

I get to find out the sex of the baby at my next appointment and I'm really excited. Mark on the other hand has been coming up with excuses left and right about why he can't make it to the appointments. I've been mailing him the sonogram pictures since I haven't even seen him since I told him I was pregnant. So far, I've been doing all of this on my own. I'm scared to find out what it's going to be like when the baby is born.

Jimi has been so amazing with everything. He comes by at least once a day to check on me to make sure I am doing okay. It's really sweet and I love spending time with him. Lately, I keep thinking back to the day when I told Kimberly I was pregnant and she asked if there was something going on between Jimi and I. I told her no, but lately I find myself thinking about Jimi all the time and I look forward to him coming over every day. He has shown more interest in me and this baby than Mark ever has.

Today we got done at the studio early because I wasn't really feeling all that well. The morning sickness has mostly subsided, but every once in a while it hits me. I made it home just in time to make it to the bathroom. While I was throwing up I heard a knock at the door. It's probably Jimi. I heard him walk in the apartment since I didn't have a chance to lock the door.

"Karen?" he called. I was just about to tell him that I was in the bathroom, but I threw up instead.

He walked to the bathroom and came in to hold my hair.

"I could hear you all the way in the kitchen" he said with a chuckle.

When I was done, I flushed the toilet and sat on the edge of the bathtub and Jimi sat next to me.

"How are you feeling?" he asked and rubbed my back.

"Not that great" I said with a little giggle.

"I stopped at Panera and got you some soup since that always seems to make you feel better" he said.

"Thank you Jimi. I honestly can say that I don't know what I would do without you" I said and gave him a hug.

"Let's get some food in you" he said and helped me up off the edge of the tub. I've started to show now and it is getting a little bit harder to move around each day, but I push through it. I sat down at the table and Jimi brought the soup over.

"Thank you so much. You didn't have to do this. I would have been fine" I said and started eating.

"No one should have to be alone when they're sick especially when they are sick and pregnant" he said.

"I really don't know what I could ever do to thank you" I said with a smile.

"You don't have to thank me" he said with a smile.

We finished eating and Jimi cleaned up the kitchen for me even though I told him he didn't have to.

"So, have you talked to Mark? Is he coming to the appointment tomorrow?" he asked.

"I texted him earlier and I'm just waiting for a response. I told him that this is an important one, but we'll see" I said and he nodded.

"I just really don't think that he wants to be in the baby's life and it scares me" I said with tears forming in my eyes.

"What scares you?" he asked and sat next to me on the couch.

"Raising this baby by myself. I don't know if I can do it Jimi" I said with more tears in my eyes.