Jimi

"All my love, here I go again"

It's been four weeks since Karen told me she was pregnant. I am beyond excited for this baby. This baby will be our first baby together, but it really feels like our second. Half the time I forget that Aubree isn't my biological child, but it feels like she's mine. I have been here for that little girl since the day Karen found out she was pregnant with her. I went to most of her ultrasounds and I got to see her come into the world. Just because we don't share the same DNA doesn't mean I am not her father. I don't really know what's going to happen when she finds out about Mark. She's a very curious little girl so it wouldn't surprise me if she will try and reach out to Mark. I don't know what he's going to be like when that time comes, but I pray that he won't break her heart. Whatever she decides to do when that time comes isn't going to change the love I have for her.

Karen has an ultrasound this afternoon to see if they can find a heartbeat yet. She's almost eight weeks pregnant so she isn't showing yet. One thing I have noticed is that her morning sickness is worse this time around compared to when she was pregnant with Aubree. We've been having shows every weekend and it's been a little hard for her especially since we're trying to keep the pregnancy to ourselves right now until she's out of her first trimester because anything could happen.

It's around 7:00 in the morning and Karen and I are still in bed. Aubree is still asleep in her room. She usually sleeps until between 7:30 and 8:00. She comes in our room when she wakes up and that's our cue to get our day started. Karen was laying on her side with her back to my chest and I had my arm draped around her waist. For once I was awake before she was. I lifted my head off the pillow and looked down at her. We had a bit of a rough night last night with her morning sickness. I don't really know why they call it morning sickness because it hits her at all hours of the day. She was up three times last night throwing up and I feel bad. The past few days, she's been miserable. Hopefully it subsides a little by this weekend so being on a bus with six other people will be more bearable. I saw her eyes flutter open. I just watched her wake up a bit before saying anything. She looked up at me and then rolled on her back.

"Why are you staring at me?" she groaned.

"Because you're beautiful and I could look at you all day" I said with a smile. I smiled and leaned down and kissed her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Not the greatest, but I'm not nearly as nauseous as I was three hours ago" she said.

"I'm sorry" I said and kissed her again.

"Hopefully I'll feel better when I eat a little breakfast" she said. I laid back down on my back and Karen cuddled up next to me with her head on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her back and rubbed her arm.

A few minutes later we heard Aubree's little footsteps running down the hallway to our bedroom. She opened the door and ran up to the bed.

"Morning princess" I said as she climbed up on the bed. Karen made some room between us for her. She always likes to lay down between us. She's a snuggler. While she was climbing around on the bed to get to the middle, she was shaking the bed and I heard Karen inhale a sharp breath.

"Are you good?" I asked her quietly and she nodded.

"Don't jump around too much on the bed. Mommy doesn't feel well, okay" I said to Aubree as she made herself comfortable between us. She nodded her head and Karen scooted closer. Aubree rested her head on Karen's chest. Karen kissed her forehead. I scooted closer to them and wrapped my arms around both of them. We laid there for a little while before getting up.