Karen

"All my love, here I go again"

It's now a few days before the wedding. Everything is all set to go. I'm picking up my dress and my niece Hayley's junior bridesmaid dress at the alteration place today. We're going to have Hayley and Jimi's nephew Adam walk down the aisle together and Aubree is going to be pulled behind them in a wagon decorated in flowers. We picked out a cute, puffy, little white dress with a headband with a big flower on it. She's going to look adorable.

I'm taking Aubree with me to the dress shop. It's around 9:15 in the morning and I have an appointment at 10:00 to pick up the dresses. I have to try it on one more time before I can take it home. I decided not to go all out with my dress. The dress goes a little bit below my knees and has beading on the bust and quarter length sleeves. Kim is meeting me at the dress place at 10:00 to keep an eye on Aubree and to make sure everything is all good with my dress before I take it.

"Jimi, we're going to head out" I called from the kitchen.

"Okay" he said and made his way to the kitchen.

"Have fun" he said with a smile and kissed me then the top of Aubree's head.

"Say bye to Daddy" I said and picked her up.

"Bye bye Daddy" she said and waved.

"Bye princess" Jimi said with a smile.

"We'll be back in a couple of hours" I said and took her out to the car to buckle her in.

I got in the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"Should we go see Aunt Kim" I asked Aubree once I got onto the road.

"Yes!" She said excitedly.

She was happy and talking the whole way to the store. We pulled into the parking lot of the shop and I saw that Kimberly was already there. I climbed out and got Aubree out. Kimberly got out of her car and met us at the door.

"How are you guys?" she asked.

"We're good" I said with a smile.

"Ready to go try on your dress?" she asked excitedly.

"I am" I said with a smile.

We walked inside to the counter.

"Can I help you?" the worker asked.

"I'm here for an appointment to do the last fitting of my dress" I said.

"Are you Karen?" she asked while looking at her computer.

"Yes" I said with a smile.

"I'll go grab your dress" she said and walked away.

She came back a few minutes later with the dress.

I passed Aubree over to Kimberly and went into a fitting room.

I took off my clothes and slid the dress on. I zipped it as far as I could. I walked out of the room and out to the mirrors.

"Can you finish zipping me?" I asked Kimberly.

She nodded and set Aubree down. Aubree started wandering off.

"Aubree, stay over here please" I said and she turned around. As sassy as she can be sometimes, she is surprisingly a really good listener and follows directions for being a toddler.

Kimberly finished zipping my dress and I turned around. "What do you think?" I asked.

"You look great and the dress is beautiful" she said with a smile.