Kimberly

"I've gone places where I swore I would never go again"

It is now the end of November. Jimi and Karen have been married for five months and Aubree is growing like a weed. She is almost two years old. She looks just like Karen. She has shoulder length, dark brown hair and big brown eyes. She is the most outgoing baby I have ever met.

The band decided that we would take the rest of the year off of touring and start working on our new album. Stephen and I are getting married on the 28th, which is tomorrow. Karen is going to be my maid of honor and Aubree is going to be the flower girl. We're having a small wedding and Karen has been helping me plan and has been given me some of her decorations to use.

Truthfully, I didn't think I was ever going to find a man that I love this much after Steven passed away. I didn't think I would ever be this happy again, let alone get married again. This whole thing scares me to death and it is nice having Karen around to help me out.

Today, Karen is coming over with Aubree and we're going to get our nails done before the rehearsal tonight. I heard the doorbell ring. I walked from the kitchen to the front and Karen and Aubree were standing there.

"You know you can just come in right?" I said with a smile.

"I know, but she wanted to ring the doorbell" Karen said with a laugh.

"Did you like ringing the doorbell?" I asked Aubree.

"Yes I did" Aubree said.

"I am just about ready" I said and grabbed my shoes and purse.

"Alright, I'm going to put her back in the car" Karen said.

"I wasn't going to get her out, but she insisted on ringing the doorbell and wouldn't have let it go the whole night" Karen said with a giggle.

"Sounds about right" I said. I locked up the house and climbed in Karen's car.

We arrived at the nail salon about fifteen minutes later. Karen got Aubree unbuckled and brought her inside.

"What are we doing, Mama?" Aubree asked when we walked up to the door.

"We're getting our nails painted" Karen replied.

"Can I get my nails painted too?" Aubree asked excitedly.

"Only if you can sit still" Karen said.

"I can sit still" she said.

"If you can't sit still then they can't paint your finger nails" Karen said.

"I pwomise I will sit still" Aubree said with a little emphasis on the promise.

"Okay" Karen said and we walked up to the desk. I told them about our appointment and Karen sat down with Aubree to pick out nail colors. Karen decided on a red and Aubree went with pink. I ended up going with the same red Karen picked, but I wanted a silver flower design on my ring fingers.

We all sat down and surprisingly, Aubree was sitting really still. Everyone was interested in Aubree and she was loving the attention she was getting.

"So, what's your name sweetie?" The lady doing Aubree's nails asked.

"Aubwee" she said. It's always entertaining when kids can't pronounce letters yet.

"Aubree?" she asked to verify.

"Uh huh" she said and nodded her head.

"That's a very pretty name. How old are you?" she asked.