2: the unusual heist note

Conan's POV:
Sigh. This was so boring. I mean, elementary school isn't that bad, but I was high school detective kudo shinichi for Sherlocks sake! Well, I might have been once anyway. I was stuck in this seven year old body of mine until my friend haibara could reverse the effects of her drug. I daydreamed of the day I could return to being a proper detective ective again, without needing to hide behind uncle and a voice changing bow tie. I didn't sensei calling my name repeatedly.

"Conan kun, hoi, Conan kun. Are you listening conan kun?" I looked up with a jump as haibara poked me in the ribs none too kindly. I glared at her and looked at sensei.

"Hai!" I answered, waiting for the inevitable question at the end.

"Can you tell me what the answer to this is? She asked, writing a complicated maths question on the board. Or at least, it looked like that to the rest of the class, after all, not counting haibara, they were all seven year olds.i grinned and mischievous grin, my glasses glinting in the light as I tilted my head. In my sweet little conan voice I answered, correctly solving the easy maths question. Sensei sighed in defeat. She was trying to catch me out again, and she'd failed.

The rest of the morning was uneventful, with Ayumi, Genta and Mitshuiko, better known collectively as the detective boys, chattering about something at break. When the bell rang for lunch, they crowded around me and haibara, shouting with excitement.

"Ne, ne, Conan kun, guess what?" Ayumi chan asked excitedly. I shook my head, waiting for the explanation.

"Sonoko neechan and her uncle have incited us to next weeks kid heist!" Genta joins in.

   "You are coming aren't you conan kun?" Mitshuiko asked. I nodded, my mind working overtime. I already knew two things about kid that no one else did (I knew his real name, and he wasn't the original kaitou kid who vanished 8 years prior to his reappearance) but that wasn't what was bothering me. It was the time of the heist in his note. It was so unlike the kaitou kid to send a heist note a week and a half in advance. There was something bothering me about that, but I pushed the thought from my mind and spent the rest of the day messing around, pretending to pay attention in class when I was asked.

   It was soon time to go home, and the detective boys, haibara and I walked home together, separating at certain points to get home. I got to the detective agency and sighed. I could hear ran and uncle arguing again. She was always telling her father off for something. I climbed the stairs to the detective agency and opened the door.

   "Tadaimas!" I announced as I walked in. Ran stopped arguing with uncle for a moment to greet me. Nothing unusual there, just another day of uncle and his useless detective skills. I walked into my room and picked up my Sherlock Holmes book, a study in scarlet. I curled up on the chair and began to read, a but sad that I only had twenty pages left. I read the book to the end, and just as I was putting it away, I heard rans best friend sonoko charge in.

Kaito's POV:
   "Bakaito! Turn us back at once!" Aoko yelled at me, swinging her mop at me as she did so. I was bored of the lesson, so I had turned the class into dress wearing princesses, except hakubaka (AN, kaito calls hakuba hakubaka) who was wearing a neon pink suit and green and yellow dyed hair. Aoko swung the mop at me again, and this time I narrowly missed being hit. Our sensei was so used to Aokos mopfu and my magic tricks, that she didn't even bother to react. I was enjoying winding the class up, until I heard a howling bark from outside. It was common knowledge that I was looking after two dogs for a friend, but not many people knew that my wolf chan and Arthur kun were also kaitou kid's canine assistants.

   I allowed Aoko to push me towards the second floor window, waiting for the right moment. She swung the mop towards me and I let her hit me, sending me flying out of the open classroom window. I heard everyone gasp, I imagined they were shocked at Aoko actually hitting me. I could see Aoko's surprised face looking at me out the window, as I landed heavily on my feet, falling backwards onto the Arthur kuns back. He whined at me and grabbed my shirt sleeve, wagging his tail. I moved closer to the young greyhound, and he trotted away from the schoolyard, trying to lead me somewhere.