6: going 'home'

Conan's POV:
I spent the rest of the weekend and Monday at Kuroba kuns house, the random changes to teen and back happening twice more. I deduced the cause of my random changes was caused by the prolonged exposure to the powder from the pill in my pocket, but I wasn't really worried. Kuroba kun was there, each time, holding me close as I screamed in agony, my body either shrinking or growing too fast.

He had introduced me formally to his two canine assistants, wolf chan and Arthur kun. The malamute had sat down and offered her left paw politely, and I shook it. (I was conan at the time) Arthur was the younger dog, a brindle greyhound puppy, and couldn't sit still, he greeted me by knocking me over and licking my face. I laughed, and pushed the big dog off. The greyhound was bitten on the nose, telling me that wolf chan was the more dominant one of the two. By the end of Monday, (I felt guilty about missing school) I had started calling Kuroba kun kaito kun, and he was calling me shin chan, or conan kun depending on whether I was child or teen.

On Monday morning, my random changes had subsided, and according to wolf chan (it felt weird watching the big malamute type on a laptop, but I had to admit, it was just like kid to have such an intelligent animal as a pet) the drug should be completely out of my system by now. I had decided to stay with the magician theif for two reasons, one, I enjoyed him company, and two, it was to risky for me to wander around when I was flipping back and forth between Conan and shinichi. We spent the day explaining to each other why we did what we did, me with hiding my identity, and him with stealing the gems. I already knew the basics, but I learnt a lot more that afternoon.

   By about five in the evening, kaito commented that I hadn't changed for several hours, and maybe it was time to get be back to the 'scary Mouri girl'. I didn't really want to, I wanted to stay with the hot thief and get to know him better, but I was going to give ran a nervous breakdown if I didn't show up soon.

"Kaito kun, if your going to drop me off at the Mouri detective agency, I suggest you dress as anyone but yourself or my teen form, ran will be in a mood at shinichi, and liable to throw a good karate kick or something if she sees him...." I warn him, as he gives me a childish grin and changes swiftly into casual clothes that I would wear if I were a teen. I inwardly groan, I hoped he knew what he was getting himself into, ran could be dangerous when mad. (I remembered shortly before I shrunk, she punched and severely dented a street lamp...I can't even remember why)

Kaito naturally looked like me, which to be honest was a blessing, especially if ran got suspicious yet again. To desguise as me, he simply had to change his birds nest hairstyle to something a bit neater. He escorted me back to the detective agency, where ran could be heard as she yelled at uncle again. Kaito kun nodded to me, watching me walk up the stairs and into the agency.

  "Tadaimas..." I announced as I walked in. Ran stopped mud kick and ran over to me, hugging me and telling me not to wander off like that again. I laugh nervously and glance out of the window, noting that Kaito kun was still there, watching us. Ran noticed too, glancing out, she saw him, and (much to my surprise) she leapt out of the second floor window (first floor if your British) yelling abuse at 'shinichi' for hiding me away. I've never seen the thief run so fast, I could see, even from there, that his poker face as he called it was cracked and terror displayed on his face, clear as day.

   Ran eventually came back, seemingly calm. (Wondered what had happened to my favourite thief, had she caught him, I hoped not). She made some sushi for me, which I ate happily, I hadn't realised I was hungry, until the detective agency phone rang. Ran answers, the after a few short words, hand the phone to me.

"Oi, Kudo kun, where were you? You used the drug I gave you, didn't you? Come over to Agasa hakase's house as soon as you can, I need to talk to you about something." It was haibara, a particularly cold note to her voice. I inwardly shuddered. Now I had two dangerous women mad at me. A karate expert and a mad scientist. wonderful.