31: final chapter.

Narrators POV:

       "Kai, I told you, I'm fine!" Shinichi whined, as the thief scolded him teasingly. Four weeks had passed since the heist, and Kazuha had practically lived at the Mouri detective agency, just so she could 'keep an eye on heiji'. Shinichi was protesting against the other teen picking him up from the floor, where the detective had been sitting with the two cats (Amber and Silver) on his lap. Kazuha had been surprised at first to see two 'kudo-kun's' but she had simply accepted it as one of them being Kid in disguise. Heiji (as Doyle) was sat on the sofa, Arthur practically squashing him, laughing at the comical interaction between detective and thief.

Sure, Kazuha was curious as to who was behind the mask Kid always wore (won't she be shocked when she finds out he isn't wearing one!), but between Ran-chan, Kudo-kun, the Two dogs and the two cats, she thought it was best not to try and remove his mask. She had noticed that the thief always kept his distance from everyone but kudo-kun, but again she chalked it up to him being Kid.

"Shin~chan, stop being stubborn!"

"Don't bother, he's naturally stubborn." Ran replies to the magician, as he attempts to convince his 'friend' that the floor want a good place to sit. Ran noted with amusement that nearly two years stuck as a seven year old had affected his personality to an extent that it was hard to tell if he was a high school detective, or a spoilt toddler.

"So, uh.... Kai-kun? Why exactly do ya hang aroun' with kudo-kun, anyway?" Kazuha asked curiously, almost expecting the answer.

"Because walking around under the keiji-San and keibu-San's noses is hilarious, and the detectives are just as clueless.... they're easy to fool when I look like someone they all respect!" His classic smirk plastered his face, and Kazuha had about four seconds to register the almost dangerous expression before she found herself somehow stuck to the ceiling. She looked at Ran-chan and Kudo-kun for support, but one was laughing hysterically, and the other was apparently too busy sulking on a chair to notice.

Wolf's POV:

It's been a while since the last heist, which was a howling success as usual, but something felt... off. The two new pets I had to live with were really nice. For cats anyway. But Arthur was determined to chase them whenever he got a chance, and with me on three legs, I couldn't hope to keep up with the younger pup. The cats made up for their slower pace with creativity mind you, master Kaito was right about them being trained by his otousan. They could vanish as well as master Kaito and myself, they were quick witted and good at solving problems, they were, in general, great additions to the small menagerie that master Kaito had amassed. Two cats, two dogs and several doves.

Master Shinichi and master Kaito spent most of their time at master Shinichi's home, where the doves and cats lived with me and Arthur. I was currently asleep on the floor by the front door when I heard familiar footsteps. They weren't adult footsteps, but there were at least four different people. I sniff the air through an open window, and scent yoshida-chan, kojima-kun, ai-chan and Mitsuhiko-kun. I open the door for them, letting them in. Subaru-San was upstairs, packing the last of his things away, ready to move out. He was going to live with his little sister, I think her name was sera-San or something.

"Wolf-chan!" Ai-chan greeted, patting me gently, as I wag my tail at her in joy. "Is Kudo-kun home?" I turned and barked twice, telling Subaru-san he had company, before turning back to the detective boys and shaking my head deliberately winking at Tsubaraya-kun, who smiled awkwardly. I turn and let the children follow me, chuffing in my dog version of laughter as Arthur-kun came charging down the stairs with a paper bag in his teeth, trotting proudly with the greyhound walk that said 'I've got something you don't have, ha ha!'