15: Telling hakuba

Wolf's POV:
The two boys slept together in master Kaito's room, both seemingly exhausted after their....... excitement earlier. I crept out of the house and followed the scent trail hakuba kun left, he's spent so much time at Aoko's, that I think he should just move in. They're only friends, but that might have something to do with her being friends with the man he suspected of being kaitou KID (despite all the evidence to suggest otherwise) and her father hating him. He'd gone home, and I knew he was going to go back to England soon. I hope he was leaving tomorrow, master Kaito said to get the blond half Brit detective, so I had to. He was a good human, I respected master Kaito.

Arthur kun was curled up on the bottom of their bed, snoring loudly in time to the other two' silent breathing. That greyhound was spoilt rotten, like me. Whilst heading towards hakuba's home, I caught a scent that made my hackles rise. Gin, I could smell his fearsome stink. Where? Where was this evil man? I wanted to kill him, tear him limb from limb for hurting my two human friends. No. I mustn't kill, rule no 1 no one gets hurt, rule no 2 always accept a challenge, never back down, rule no 3 make a fool of the police force. The three most important KID rules I'd learnt.

I found hakuba kuns house, a nice looking place, I scratched at the door, noticing it had both a door bell and knocker. I had my special tablet around my neck, so I could talk to the detective if he let me in. I stretch my neck, touching the door bell and ringing it loudly in the darkness of the night. I couldn't believe how big of a dog I was. I then flicked the knocker three times just as loud, hearing the mildly irritated grunts of hakuba kun as he muttered he was coming. I sat at the front door and waited, my head tilted to one side with curiosity. There was a smell I'd never smelt before, like pigeon or dove, but smelt nastier. What was this smell? Did hakuba keep birds?

Hakuba's POV:
It was two thirty six am and forty three seconds when my doorbell rang out, then I heard a three beat knock as well. Who could be calling me at my house so early in the morning? Probably a police officer in need of help, my phones were all either disconnected or on silent so I wouldn't be disturbed. I liked my sleep... I hurry downstairs, dragging a t shirt and a pair of trouser on and I did. When I opened the door, I nearly fell over with surprise. THAT DOG.

The dog that protected Kudo sama and Kuroba kun when they were shot at. The dog was looking expectantly at me, head tilted to one side. What did it want. I don't know why, but I let the big animal in, watching it as it shook its head, a small tablet falling to the floor. It noses at the device, doing something to it. I was curious. Hadn't this dog been trained by kaitou KID? What sort of insane trick was this?

I pick the tablet up, curiously looking at the words on the screen. My eyes widened. Did this dog, wolf chan, write this? It certainly looked like it. I read the message, eyes widening. I was curious, this dog, what was she?

Hakuba kun.
Master Kaito wanted to tell you something,
He want to see you tomorrow, his house.
this is no trick, A dog is writing to you on a tablet.
No, I wasn't trained, I figured it out.
It's important, he needs your help I think,
Please? And what is that mean bird you have?
It smells like a crazy evil dove.

The last bit made me chuckle to myself. Kaito asking for help? And Watson an evil dove? Really? And why was this written in English?

"Wolf chan can understand people then?" I ask the dog, feeling stupid for talking to an animal. (Watson was my best friend, he didn't count!) I hold the tablet out, a bit incredulously. I wanted to see the dog type for myself. The fact that the dog was writing in English also spooked me. This dog was Japanese, right? She presses her nose against the tablet, tapping out more words.