20: Weekend part two: saturday morning

Wolf chan's POV:
A man I'm not too familiar with comes to visit me. Arthur kun is with me, and as usual, he wags his tail and leaps up to lick the strangers face. It smells like the man called akai San, or as he was called by most people, Subaru San. He crouches down and offers me the back of his hand, not looking at me directly. He's very polite, and knows how to treat dogs like me and Arthur kun.

"Wolf chan, is it ok if I take you home to the Kudo mansion? I'm told you can understand, as a result of the organisation I helped to bring down." I wag my tail. I remember now. Shiho San came to speak to me after borrowing the memory stick in my necklace pouch. Rye, or the silver bullet, was her sister's boyfriend, but betrayed the organisation and as a result got her killed. Or at least, that was her version of events. I get up and walk over to him. I'm still a bit suprised at how light I feel, even as a tripod dog. The bullets in my left back leg mist have done some major damage to cause me to lose it.

Subaru San clips a blue and white lead onto Arthur kun, and pats his knee for me to follow. I do, walking along quite happily on three legs. I think I'm supposed to be surprised that I'm missing a leg, but I'm not. Arthur kun is bounding about, though he doesn't ever pull on the lead. Subaru San leads us to a dog friendly restaurant where three other people are waiting for him.

"Sorry I'm late, I'm looking after these two for conan kun" he tells them, before handing Arthur kuns lead to me. I wag my tail in greeting as I sit down and offer the three humans a polite paw. The blond woman with round glasses shakes it first, then the tall man, then the chunky looking one who obviously likes dogs, because he introduces himself to me. He's call camel San.

"Jodie, you called us because of that incident, right?" Akai SAN asks the woman, in fluent English. Arthur kun is gnawing on the table leg, bored. I growl and snap at the younger dog's nose. He stops chewing for a moment, then ignores me and reverts back to the table leg. Mou, I guess it's his way of enjoying being a normal dog. (Ex racing dog, turned lab experiment, never been treated like a family pet, no normal life, he was going to be a bit of a handful).

"Yes, it happened so close to where you're staying, it's gotten me worried, shuu. And though the police couldn't identify the body, we FBI all know him. It was Vodka. Gin's left hand was handed to the officers by a white dog too." The woman, Jodie San, looked at me, and commented on the likeness to the dog in the description the police gave her. Akai SAN confirms it, but assures I was only protecting my master. It hadn't been made public, the names of the victims from the shooting in that alley hadn't been made public, not even the FBI knew that it was master Kaito and Shinichi San.

"They were targeting two boys, who happen to look like Kudo kun. One was kaitou KID, the other was Conan kun. There been a string of murders and attempted murders on boys that fit similar descriptions to kudo shinichi. We believe its Gin and Boss behind them. It's doubtful vermouth is involved." Akai SAN tells them, camel San looks confused.

"Akai San, why would they target kudo shinichi? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to go after conan kun? He was the one to organise their takedown, despite being so young. And why wouldn't vermouth be involved?" I flatten my ears at this, what if akai San spills shinichi san's secret? That conan kun is really....

        "Camel kun, it may have been conan kuns idea, but Kudo kun took the credit for it when the Japanese police came asking questions. They kept both names out of the papers, but vermouth was still at large, she probably assumed it was all Kudo kun's doing." The older man replies, before akai San can say anything.

      "Camel kun, Jodi, James San, vermouth, she knows something about Kudo kun, something us FBI haven't figured out yet." He says this pointedly, whilst glaring at arthur kun. He's noticed the younger dog eating the table leg. "Arthur kun, enough!" He snaps, cuffing the greyhound round the ear. Of course, he's speaking in English, so Arthur doesn't understand, but he gets the gist of it, the cuff around the ear were words enough.