5: why?

A/N: the picture is of wolf chan and Arthur Kun's collars. Yes, author chan made them herself.

Shinichi's (conan's)POV:
   I woke up, groggily wiping the sleep from my eyes. I was still half asleep, but I noticed two things. One, I was covered by a thermal sheet, and two, I was kudo shinichi again. The magician was sat on the edge of the cushions I was on, but he seemed smaller. It took me a few moments to realise what had happened, and my had shot down to my trouser pocket to confirm my fear. The container was shattered, and my cut had gone. I had changed back, but only for about six hours. I opened my mouth to speak, but Kid got a word in first.

   "Glad to see you awake, meitantei kun" he teased. The other boy's eyes were the only thing that betrayed his true feelings. He was worried about me, I could tell. He continued to speak;

   "You've been shin~chan for two hours now, you changed in your sleep. My assistant told me to keep you warm and to feed you up, she says you are too thin. I am truly sorry for not introducing myself properly earlier, I am Kuroba Kaito, magician, thief and high schooler. I steal gems in an attempt to get revenge for my father by having those who killed the first kaitou kid arrested and the gem I seek destroyed." He paused, watching my reaction. I shake my head sleepily and looked away from him. Why? Why does he trust me? And why, why oh why did I only have four hours left of being a teen?

"Why? Why? Why?" I mutter, almost inaudibly, hoping the thief would leave me alone. He was attractive, I could see that, and I wanted to get to know him better, as kudo shinichi. Not the brat Edogawa Conan. Kuroba kun shifts his weight, so that he can hold me in his arms, just like he did when I was conan a few hours ago.

   "Because I care about you kudo, and I want to help you." Kuroba kun held me close, and I felt oddly comforted by this. I'd known for several months that I was gay, but I didn't have the courage to tell ran, or anyone else. Kuroba was hot, and I wanted to tell him, but I was too afraid. What if he only cared about me as a friend? What then? I mean, the thief had stolen my heart a long time ago, but I kept on denying it to myself. (What I hadn't realised.... ran already knew, she was just waiting for her best friend to admit that I was gay. At least she didn't know I was conan yet.).

Kaito's POV:
"I've been out for two hours like this, I only have four left" shin~chan whispered sadly. He was leaning into my hug like it helped with his torn soul, and I felt a pang of sadness as the detective, my worst critic, admit he didn't have long as himself. I put my face to his ear, and whispered to him:

   "Shin~chan, I felt so wrong, falling in love with conan, but now I know who you really are, I love you so much more" I confessed to him, hugging him tighter with each word. He was covered by the thin blanket and  his tiny Conan clothes barely keeping him decent. A sigh escapes from his lips and he turns himself slightly, looking me in the eyes. His clear blue eyes shine with an emotion I couldn't recognise, fear? Happiness?Hope? Sadness?

   He pulls me into a proper embrace, holding my body tightly. I heard him mumble something that was too indistinct to hear, but to me it sounded like thank goodness. The embrace was over far too soon, shin chan pulling away from me. He grabs my head suddenly, pulling me close and kissing me. His breath is sweet and warm, as we kiss gently. I shake with the effort to control myself. I want him, I want him, I want him. My heart was screaming to me. I felt his strong thin arms snake around me as he pulled me close, into another hug, this time without the kiss.

   Much to  my dismay, he pulls away all too soon and looks at me with small tears in his eyes. His face is drenched in sweat and he's shaking. with pain. "Only three" he whispers, as a spasm practically throws him backwards onto the cushion bed. He's shaking in pain, but he picks himself up and pulls me close again, holding me tight, like he needed the support. I hold onto shin~chan with my life, my heart begging me to ease his pain when he screamed in agony repeatedly as his body Shrunk again. He was edogawa Conan again, and he looked pale.