3: heist

A/N: the photo is of Arthur kun as I imagine him. (Author chans biggest weakness is brindle lurchers and anything wolf-ish like herself)

Conan's POV:
   I could hear All the commotion downstairs as kid pranked the police force. He'd stolen the golden twins and was heading my way, I could tell by the sound of nakamori keibu voice. I hadn't watched the theatrics, but scouted around instead, worried about something. My finely tuned detective skills were giving me warning signals, and I wasn't about to ignore them. Kid came dashing up the stairs, up onto the roof, and nearly knocked me over. I aimed my tranquilliser watch at him, a clear shot for once. Kid turned to me and grinned.

"Yo, meitantei kun, how are you? Found out who else is after me other than the police yet?" He teased. I smiled knowingly. My glasses glinted in the moonlight as I tilted my head. A sudden bark rang out, and kid seemed to panic, his confident Smirk cracking slightly. I pointed my watch at him, steadying my aim, but he laughed and pulled his card gun out, shooting my watch and breaking the dart function. I glared at him.

   "I've had enough of this cat and mouse tonight, meitantei kun. Gomenasai, but I have leave now, before a fate worse than prison arrives" he sounded tired, nothing like the usual cocky thief and his smirk was definitely cracked, like something was worrying him. I felt a pang of worry at the thief's expression, he was a better magician than to show he was worried about something. A click of a gun made both of us turn, facing a man in black. My blood ran cold, I thought I took them all down? his gun was trained on us as he spoke:

"KID! Where is pandora? We warned you not to get in our way. Hand over the gem before we decide to kill you." The man angrily yelled. I was stood in front of kid, my back to him. He moved forward, stepping in front of me and standing between me and the gunman. He took out the two gems from his pocket, holding them to the moonlight in a way that the man couldn't see the gems. Kid then put the two earrings on the floor, grabbed me by the waist and leapt over the side of the building while holding me close, I'd been this close to him before, but I only realised now how good looking he was. Wait, did I really just think that?

   A gunshot rang out, seconds before a searing pain tore through me, making me cry out. Kid had his hang glider and was gliding through the air, but I don't remember much after that because I blacked out from the shock of the gunshot wound.

   I wake up to see the magician thief sat next to me. I was lying on an unfamiliar bed, in a strange room, in a strange house. The thief smiles at me, the usual cheeky smirk. Two dogs sit next to him on the floor. One is a huge malamute like dog with white fur, and the other is a chubby looking greyhound with brindle fur. Kid puts his hand out to my face, and traces a mark. I wince. Where did that cut come from? I open my mouth to speak, but the thief gets in first.

   "It was snake who shot you, he's a member of a shadow group that was part of a syndicate kudo shinichi and the FBI took down. He shot me shortly after, causing me to crash into the side of a building. You were lucky, you only hit your head when we crashed. I have several minor injuries, but I had to get you away from them meitantei kun. The bullet went clean through on both of us, so we don't have to worry about removing them." Kaitou kid spoke softly, as if he knew that the noise hurt my head. The pain in my leg was too much for me and I drifted back to unconsciousness, feeling safe under the thiefs watchful gaze. (Which contradicted everything I knew about this particular thief, I was liable to wake up in a pink fairy outfit or covered in glue and feathers.)

Kaito's POV:
   I watched meitantei kun as he slept, worried about the chibi detective. I knew he had suffered some sort of trauma in the past, and that he had some kind of relationship to the detective of the east, but the boy was still an enigma to me. I wanted to prank him, cover him in glue and feathers or something, but I couldn't bring myself to do it when he was asleep. Every time we battled, I'd felt guilty at the thoughts that ran wild in my mind. I felt awful for falling for the seven year old, especially as there was a ten year age gap between us. The bullet had gone clean through us both, according to wolf chan and the typed message on the laptop, but meitantei-kun's pulse was slow and that made me worried, though I didn't let it show, hiding behind my poker face.