08

a/n: lots of yoonkook up ahead, I promise, it's there for a reason yet to come. heheh

- three years earlier -

Min Yoongi was a senior high school. Although he was 19, he was held back in his junior year for failing three classes. He had quite the reputation, very well known for partying and smoking until he couldn't think straight anymore. The boy had a venomous tongue, and his words came off as very harsh to anyone who wasn't used to his way of speaking.

However, it wasn't like he did these things just to make his name known around the school. He was simply bored. Yoongi didn't feel like anything really interested him in his life, so he did anything that could help him fill that void.

The senior's feelings towards life changed once he met a particular sophomore at a party. The neon lights of the house party were blinding and the music was equally deafening. There was tons of different beer sitting on the kitchen counter, with empty party cups thrown all over the house.

After around four hours at the party, Yoongi, as usual, became bored. The sweaty dancing bodies of high schoolers were all around him, yet he cared for none of it. Not even when one girl with huge breasts purposely pushed herself up against him. Yoongi just shoved her away, wanting to be alone.

He didn't want to go back home, yet he didn't want to stay inside the house, so instead of either option, the senior decided to go outside and sit on the porch leading into the backyard. The dull sound of the music was still ringing in his ears as he sat down on the creaking wooden porch, stretching his feet out in front of him on the slightly damp grass.

"Um, excuse me, may I please sit next to you?"

Yoongi turned to look up at an attractive younger boy speaking to him, his lazy gaze changing into one of surprise. Yoongi shifted over a bit to give the other person room before muttering, "Ah, yeah, sure."

They both looked up at the sky, twinkling stars residing within the dark night. The music was faint, but still audible, yet the small sound was better than it blasting in his ear. There was a short period of silence between the two boys, until Yoongi broke it.

"So.. who are you?"

The other boy didn't answer immediately, only after fidgeting a bit and pushing his glasses up did he whisper three small words.

"Jeon Jungkook, sophomore."

"That makes me your hyung, I'm-"

"The infamous senior, Min Yoongi, I know. Everyone does." Jungkook scoffed playfully, turning to look at Yoongi.

"Well then. Anyways, why did you want to sit here?"

Yoongi was interested in the boy with the black framed glasses. Under the pale moonlight, Yoongi could see the boy's expression soften slightly. The shy boy was opening up to him.

"My friend dragged me here and I hate parties, so I wanted to come outside and relax."

"Come on, parties aren't so bad. The alcohol is usually pretty decent."

"I don't drink."

"What? Why not?"

"Firstly, I'm way too underage since I'm only sixteen, and so are you. Secondly, I don't want to end up like that." Jungkook pointed at the window, where a girl had been pressed up against the glass and was being grinded on by some guy. Jungkook cringed when he heard a loud moan from her.