Seite

(My drawing, so please don't repost without permission.)
(Shitty chapter, but... Enjoy.)

I quickly walk to my rack of tee shirts and search for one to wear that isn't too trashy, but not too dressy. I find a long sleeved Phillies shirt and grab it off its hanger. It's black with Phillies spelled out on the left arm and the pocket with their signature P. I slip it on and rush to my pile of freshly washed jeans. I slip off my sleep pants and slip on red Guess jeans. I hide the Guess patch, on the back right pocket, under my shirt. I hurry to my bathroom and comb through my hair. I take a small rubber band for my hair, and pull back the small amount I have into a pony tail. I quickly brush my teeth and wash my face and head to find shoes. I find my black, cloud foam Adidas shoes. I grab some socks, slip them on, then slide my feet into my shoes. I quickly lace them and walk out to my kitchen. I grab my keys and a piece of gum, then run back to my room to grab my phone. I make sure my hair it sitting right and I walk out to my front door. I grab my wallet off the side table next to the door and I walk out. I lock the door and hurry down the steps.
  Lance said he'd pick me up at my apartment and just texted me to hurry so we can eat. I was stressing out all night over today. I don't know if I like him or not yet.
  I can't tell if he's annoying, or just trying too hard to win me over. And I can't tell if he's just naturally cocky or if he was putting up that kind of front. But he also seemed a little aloof and seemed to be the flaunty type. He didn't seem to want to talk about home life, he seemed to just want to talk about work and Hunk.
  I walk out of the doors and see a dark red truck sitting in a parking spot. I see Lance sitting in the drivers seat. I walk up to it and he leans over to unlocks and open the door. I chuckle and hop up-in. I slam the door shut and buckle my seatbelt.
"So, does the Collegeville Diner sound good?" He asks and pulls out.
"Yeah, as long as it's the one that's down the road from that one costume store," I chuckle. (A/n: if you live up there or are traveling through there, I recommend that diner. I loved it so much when I lived there.)
"It is," He smiles.

After a few minutes of driving, he pulls into the parking lot and drops me off at the door so I could get us a table.
I walk in and a guy with menus asks, "How many?" I raise my hand up with two fingers and he nods.
"Follow me," He says and walks me to the back of the diner. I look to my side and at the cakes and pies and other sweets that are sitting around.
"My name is Kyle, I'll be your server today. What can I get you to drink?" He asks.
"Just a water," I say. He nods and walks off after setting the menus down. I sit in one side of the booth and grab one of the menus. I then look at the door and hear the bell. Lance quickly walks over towards me and sits on the other side.
  "Sorry, took me a minute to find a spot," He says. I just nod and look through the menu.
  "I'm paying, so get whatever you want," He says.
  "Well, if you're payin', I'm gonna take advantage of this," I chuckle. Lance just laughs and opens the menu. The waiter comes back with my water and asks what Lance would like to drink.
  "A water, please," He says. The waiter nods and walks off.
  "So, what do you want?" He asks.
  "Mind if I just get some desert?" I ask, and pull the menu close to my chest.
  "Whatever you want," He says.
  "I'm just gonna load up on their chocolate moose, mouse," He adds. (A/n: I can't legit remember what it's called, but it was super good.) I chuckle and set my menu at the end of the table.
  "I'm just gonna get one of those," I say and rest my arms on the table. I look around at the retro looking diner and just notice the pops of red here and there.
  "So, I wanted to get to know you a little better," He says. "Like I said, I know we aren't going to be lovey-dovey. I'm still just trying to accept your my, quote-'un-quote, 'soulmate'."
  "How come?" I ask.
  "Well, I kinda hated you before. I needed those jobs, but was let go because of you. You always one-upped me without knowing it," He says, and rubs the back of his neck.
  "Well, I am older and more experienced, probably," I say with a shrug. I move a strand of my jet hair out of my face and tuck it behind my ear.
  "So? I usually worked harder and put in more time and drew in more costumers," He says, and leans back.
  "I've got to admit that I drew in costumers, but not many and never a good kinda. I was a little too stubborn," I admit. I move my sleeves past my hands and reach one of my legs up. I lay my left leg over right ankle and grab my knee with my hands.
  "Very. I just want to try to get to know you. I don't know if it will work out, but I'm kinda hoping it does," He sighs. I nod and look down at my hands.
  "Please don't hate me for all that. I never really knew any of that happened 'till now," I say.
  "I know. I don't hate you, but I can't really accept the symbols either," He says.
  "Well, I've been told I'm a pretty decent person, so hopefully I don't push you away too quick," I say.
  "Ask away."

(A/n: SHITTY CHAPTER. I'm sorry! I kinda lost inspiration halfway through writing it, but couldn't really go back and re-write it, but I wanted to get it out today, and- ugh..... so much has been going on lately. I've been so busy and tired and have felt really depressed and have wanted to just stay away from people. I'm sorry if the next chapter may be a little depressing.
  BUT, funny thought: I was thinking earlier about future updates. I wanna make a chapter where they're just cuddling and one of them is just ranting about the symbols and crap, and then one gets so work up over it, and- yeah, that's all I'm gonna say. But I wanna try that.
  For now, I'm gonna go to bed, but I'll start the next chapter tomorrow. : )
-pitch)