Veintiuno

(Enjoy.)

It's come upon the day before Lance's birthday. I still haven't fingered out what to get him, but I'm going to see Hunk to get any sort of idea.
"Keith, let's go!" Shiro shouts, annoyed.
"I'm coming!" I yell as I walk out of my room. I finish slipping on my gloves and put on my shoes, setting my helmet next to me.
"So you're letting your mark show today?" Shiro asks, flicking my small pony tail.
"Yeah, got a problem with that?" I ask, jokingly.
"Nope. I've told you I've always liked your mark. It's cute," He chuckles. I blush and just stand up to walk out. I grab my keys and helmet and walk out. Shiro follows and we make out way down to the street.
"Sorry it's small, but you're driving, because I don't know how to," Shiro sighs as he walks me to a smaller, black version of my crotch rocket that I had to pawn off.
"So, you had enough to rent this out for me, but not to get my bike back?" I chuckle and hop on the small bike.
"Yeah, sorry. It's actually an old friend of mine's. I asked if I could borrow it for a while, while you get yours back," He says.
"Thanks. Means a lot," I smile. I put my old red helmet on my head, and make sure it's on my head right. Shiro waves and start to walk down the street. I turn the keys in the ignition and take off down the street.

"What exactly would he want though? I don't want to get him anything cheesy." I sit on the counter and rock my feet back and forth.
"Well, I have this one idea, but t depends on how you feel," Hunk says, a smile appears across his lips.
"What is it?" I ask.
"Do you plan to ever go any farther in your relationship with Lance?" He asks. Then I think I get the idea. A blush and a small smile appears across my face.
"Promise ring," I say.
"Bingo. Take Pidge with you," Hunk says. I cock my head to the right and give him a funny look.
"You know her?" I ask.
"Yeah," He laughs, "Same school as her. A year younger than me, but who doesn't know the only lesbian at my school?" He laughs a little and leans on the counter next to me.
"That's funny. You're a senior?" I ask.
"No, was just a senior. About to be a freshman in college. I was in the same grade-slash-school as Lance for basically every year, but last year. Junior year, he skipped a grade, so he was a year older," He sighs.
  "Oh. So he went straight into his senior year?" I ask. Hunk nods and stands up straight.
  "Well, you better get going. It's about afternoon now," He says.
  "You're right. I'll be back later," I say and walk to the door of the shop. I wave and walk out. I then pull out my phone. I find Pidge's number, and press the call button.
  "Hey," She says, "What's up?"
  "I need your help with something," I say.
  "Okay, what with?" She asks.
  "I need help finding a ring."

I look around at the normal thin engagement rings, but there's no way I'm getting one of those.
  "Oh, Keith!" Pidge says, and waves me over.
  "What is it?"
  "Look! This is perfect."
  I look down as the more manly looking bands.
  "Can I help you with anything, sir?" A woman asks.
  "Can I see that dark silver ring?" I ask, and point down at the band.
  "Yes," She says, and starts to unlock everything to pull it out.
  "It has a part where you can engrave something on it," She says, and points to a part on the inner part of the ring. It's a small square of polished silver.
  "Pidge, what do you think?" I ask, and look down at the short girl.
  "Get your guy's symbol engraved," Pidge says.
  "So that's a yes?" I ask. She nods.
  "Okay, so if we wanted, we could get something engraved? How much extra will that cost?" I ask.
  "Well, it depends..."

After a few hours of figuring out the whole ring situation, we spent quite a bit on the ring, and even got a few other small things.
  "So, you're going to give it to him tomorrow?" Pidge asks from behind me.
  "Yeah," I say, turning my head a little so she can hears me. I can feel her rest her helmet covered head against my back. As we pull up to her house, I slow down and pull into the driveway.
  "So, tell me how it goes," She says, and swings her leg over the side. She stands next to me and takes off the helmet.
  "I will," I say, and take my helmet back. I slip it on, and watch as she flattens her hair.
  "I'll get Hunk to take a video. Shiro will be there too. It's too bad you and Matt can't make it," I sigh. (A/n: I totally just noticed that my autocorrect made Matt into Marry, either that, or because I couldn't see my screen clearly. 😂)
  "Yeah. It sucks, but that's what we get when we decide to go to a NASA camp together," She says. I nod.
  "Well, you guys have fun. I'll text you later," I say and pull to the edge of her driveway. I then pull out and make my way to the sweets shop.

"Wow, you did good. Real good."
  I can feel my chest get tight. I close the small box and put it in my pocket.
"Come by tomorrow after work. I'm gonna wanna show you what I got for Lance," Hunk smiles. I nod.
"You have a few hours tonight, right?" He asks.
"Yeah. Until eleven," I say.
"Wow. I'm surprised it's even open that long," Hunk chuckles. I nod and grab the crotch rocket keys out of my pocket.
"I'll drop by tomorrow," I say and walk out. I put my helmet on, then start to make my way home.
I don't even know how I'm going to give them to him tomorrow without exploding.

(A/n: okay. A little short. Ik. But I wrote the first third of this last night, and the rest just now. I plan to try and get the next chapter up in the next two days. I have a seven or more hour trip back to Tennessee from Missouri on Saturday, so I'll have time to write.
-pitch)