Once

(Once is Spanish for eleven. Pronounced with more of an a sound than an ah sound.)

It's been a few days since Lance has came over, and he's been trying to find a time for me to meet his family. He finally has, and now it's Thursday afternoon and he's inviting me over to spend the evening with his family.
"I'm sorry if my dad teases you or my sister," He says through the phone.
"No, it's totally fine if they do. Shiro teased me when I came out as demi for the longest time," I chuckle. (Demi means demi sexual. It's where you don't necessarily develop a sexual feeling towards someone unless you feel close or comfortable with them.)
"Wow. My sister teased me when I came out as bi and when I came out to my family my brother wouldn't stop teasing me," Lance laughs. (Bi means bisexual. It is where you're attracted to both genders.)
"I guess we've got that in common," I chuckle.
"So, I'll pick you up at six-thirty," Lance says and I shift in my seat.
"Okay. What road do you live on again?" I ask.
"Eighth Avenue," He says and I hear a yell in the background. "Jax! Quiet!" I chuckle and stand up.
"I'll see you in a few," I say and walk to my room.
"Okay. And don't try to dress nice. There's no need. You'll probably look over dressed either way," Lance says, and I can hear the smile in his voice.
"Okay, bye," I smile, and he hangs up. I quickly plug in my phone and walk to my shirts. I grab my black sweater and grab a pair of light washed jeans. A hole is starting in the left knee and the bottoms where it's rolled looks worn. I set my cloths on my bed and grab my all white Adidas, setting them on top of everything else. I slip off my shirt and walk to my bathroom. I throw it in the laundry and start the shower. I then brush through my hair and check the temperature of the water. I then slip off my boxer briefs and hop into the shower, quickly washing my hair and body, then hopping out. I grab a towel from my rack and wrap it around my waist. I slide my hands through my hair and check for knots. I don't feel any and walk to my room. I grab some briefs and slip them on after drying my body. I then try to dry my hair. I keep it fro dripping and put on my outfit for the evening. I walk to my bathroom again and blow dry my hair, brushing it again.
I then hear a knock at my door. I look at the time and realize Lance is hear about ten minutes early.
"Coming," I say and walk up to the door. I open it and see Lance standing there in a pair of dark grey joggers and an Aeropostale zodiac shirt. He has a small silver chain wrapped around his neck with a silver, small oval locket on the end. He fiddled with it and walks in.
"Sorry, in a bit early," He says and smiles at me.
"Maybe just a little," I chuckle as I walk back to my room. "I need to finish up my hair and that's it."
I comb through my hair with my slim fingers and I hear him pacing in the kitchen.
"You can come in here if you want. It's a little messy, but it's reasonably this way," I say. I then hear hurried foot steps approach me. I make sure my hair is laying right and I put a hair tie on my wrist in case I need to pull it back.
"Ready?" Lance asks. I grab my cologne and do a few sprays, then nod.
"Yep," I say and walk past him to grab my stuff then to the door.

We arrive at the top of a hill and Lance pulls into a driveway on the right. The house and property is covered in trees and it has a big yard with a huge old tree casting shade over the large yard. He pulls up behind two other cars and hops out. I hop out as well and look at the small house before me. It has a long porch with two doors. One on the right and one on the left.
"Kitchen door on the left, living room door on the right," Lance says, "Which part of my family do you want to meet first?"
"Which do you recommend?" I ask, a little scared of what may happen.
"We'll go through the kitchen," He says and we walk up the small stone walkway to the porch. We walk to the kitchen door, and he pushes it open.
"I'm home!" Lance yells as I see two women in the kitchen. One in a purple dress and the other in dark jeans and a red shirt. They doth have brown curly hair. The one in jeans has shorter hair and the one in a dress has a longer version.
"So this is the mullet kid?" The women with short curls asks. I look over at Lance with a slight glare.
"Yup!" He says and smiles wide.
"Well, nice to meet you Keith, I'm Lances mamá," The lady says with the most American sounding Spanish ever.
"Papá is in the living room with abuela, Jax, and Mariana. Arlo is with abuelo in the backyard. They're trying to start a fire," The lady says and wipes her hands on a kitchen towel. The kitchen had a table sitting in the middle with cabinets surrounding three sides. The appliances are black and the counters are dark marble.
  "Okay, I'll take Keith to the living room then," Lance says and starts to walk down a small walk way.
  "N-nice to meet you Mrs. McClain," I say and hurry after Lance.
  "Papá, Anna, Jax, estoy en casa!" Lance says as we finish walking through what looked like a washroom and pantry.
  "¿Dónde etsá to alma gemela?" A man that is about as lanky as Lance says. I don't understand what they're saying, but I just stand behind Lance trying not to look like a coward.
  "Papá, Anna, Jax, this is Keith," Lance says and steps to the side so the two kids and man can see me.
  "Keith, this is my father and my little siblings," Lance says, his accent coming into play a little.
  "So this is the Mullet Man?!" The little girl asks and runs up to me. I shoot Lance another glare.
  "Sí, Anna," He says happily. The little boy runs up to me next. I'm guessing he's Jax.
  "Whoa, you're almost as pretty as a girl!" The assumed twins say in sync.
  "Anna, Jax, dije que era un muchacho," Lance says in a scolding tone.
  "I know! But he's pretty!" The little girls says and puts her hands in her hips. Her skin is fair and she has dark brown hair. The little boy has tan skin like Lance and has a little darker hair. The man then starts to walk up to me.
  "Nice to meet you Keith. I've been looking forward to meeting you," The man says, "I'm Lances father. You can call me whatever you like." The man smiles at me.
  I reach out a hand, "Nice to meet you Mr. McClain." He happily takes it and shakes it. He then looks at Lance behind me and mouths something.
  "Papá!" Lance yells and I turn to look at Lance as I let go of Mr. McClains hand.
  "Come on, Keith," Lance sighs and storms off to the kitchen again.
  "We're heading out back," Lance says to his mother and we walk out the kitchen door. He then takes me to a small path that leads to a driveway in the back. A small spot in a grassy patch has a circle of blocks for a fire pit. A small fire is started in it.
  "Abuela, abuelo, Arlo," Lance says and walks to the older couple. He hugs them and leaves me standing there awkwardly.
  "This is Keith," Lance says and smiles. His cheeks are faded pink and he seems a little embarrassed.
  "Nice to meet you Keith," The younger man says and reaches out his meaty hand. I take it and he roughly shakes it. He looks built and in his mid twenties. He has tan skin and a little lighter colored hair than Lance. I then hear a snapping sound, like a window lock.
  "Dinner's ready!"

(A/n: Whoa! Three chapters out in one night?! Idek how I've stayed up this long... it's 3:14 and I should be asleep right now... I'll try and write another chapter tomorrow! I'm excited for the next chapter!
  Oh, and I apologize for going into more detail than dialogue! I'm going off of where and why my old house looked like in PA, so I can go into good detail, but I'm trying not to... Sorry.
-pitch)