Nueve

(Enjoy.)
(Edited Lances B-Day. It's July 25th.)

"NOO!" Lance yells and jumps on he couch.
"I HATE MARTIN!" He yells again.
"It's just an arm!" I laugh and lean back.
"No! It's was Finn's arm! Not just any arm!" Lance says and looks down at me, pointing to the screen at the same time.
"Do you wanna know something?" I ask and put my arm on the back of the couch.
"Depends. Is it spoilers?" He asks and squats down next to me.
"Yes, but ones you may want to hear," I say and smirk.
"Hmmm," He hums, "Suuurrrre~."
"Finn gets a new arm, like, two times. Only recently has anything worse happened," I say and cross my arms over my blanket covered stomach.
"stOP TALKING," Lance yells and falls into a crisscross position on the couch next to me. He pulls his knees up and wraps his arms around them. I take a drink of my mix of pineapple-strawberry Sprite, as what Lance called it.
"Fine," I shrug. I take one of the Milk Duds out of the tub of candy we have and chew it. We continue to the next episode of Adventure Time, and Lance is almost literally on the edge of his seat.
"How come you watch this?" I ask.
"Siblings," He says.
I nudge him with my foot, "Do you like it?"
"Love it!" He smiles at me. I smile back and look down at my hands in my lap.
"You know we can't date, right?" I ask. He then sits back in the couch.
"Why might that be?" He asks.
"You're a minor still," I say and look at the screen.
"So? I'll be eighteen soon," He says and I can feel him shift his weight.
  "When?" I ask.
  "July," He says, fixing his eyes on the screen. I just nod.
  "Unless you don't want to date me, then I totally understand," He says and shrugs.
  "No, I just want to know you better before giving you a chance," I say.
  "Well, you've already let me in your place and let me take you out, so that's quite a step in the last few days," He says and I can feel him leaning on my leg. I look down at him.
  "True, but I know nothing about your background or family or friends," I say.
  "Well, if you want, my older brother and sister in law are coming home next week. They went over seas for some meeting. I also have an older sister and brother in law. They live in an apartment around here somewhere. They just recently got married and my sister moved out, but she comes home every few days. I have two younger siblings, too. They're twins, not identical almost what-so-ever, but they act like they're joined at the hip, looks and all," He laughs, "They're fun and energetic, but can be hard to handle. My abuela and abuelo live with us as well. It's them, me, my parents, my brother and sister in law, my younger siblings, and my aunt, and about to be my baby cousin as well."
"Wow, that's pretty big," I say and look at him. He has a large smile on his face.
"My aunt just recently got out of a bad relationship with her, now ex, husband, so she's living at home with us until she has her baby and is able to live with it on her own," He say and fully leans on my legs. His back rests against my shins and his body heat is warm, heating my still cold feet.
"What about your family?" Lance finally asks after about a minute.
"Just a heads if I start to get emotional," I say and let out a slight sigh.
"Oh, you don't have to tell me! I didn't mean to pry!" He says and leans up fast.
"No no, it's fine. Better to get it off my chest now than you figuring out on your own," I say and he leans back on my legs.
"My father died about two, almost three years ago. My mother ran off a little while after I was born. I don't have any siblings, but I have a cousin. His name is Shiro. He's my fathers, sisters kid," I say and a small smile pops up on my lips.
"Shiro? Like, robotic-prosthetic-arm, Shiro?" He asks.
"Wait, you know him?" I asks and turn to him.
"No, I don't, but one of my friends do. She knows him through her brother," He says and turns to look at me.
"What's her name?" I ask.
"I call her Pidge, but her real name is Katie," He says and rests his head on the side of the couch.
"That girl is literally an idiot. She has no common sense what so ever," I sigh.
"So you know her?" He asks.
"Yeah, she's Shiro and Allura's friend, so I know her through them," I say and lean my head back. I pop another Milk Dud in my mouth and chew it slowly.
"Welp, I'm surprised we didn't know each other sooner," Lance chuckles and I can feel him pull a part of my blanket onto his skinny, fragile-looking body. I can see he looks tired in the face and that he wants to sleep.
"Want me to drive you home?" I ask.
"No, right here is fine," He says and curls up into a ball. I feel him dig himself into the corner of the couch and my legs.
"Want me to text your mom?" I ask and start to reach for his phone.
"No no, she knows. Some nights I don't come home either from work or just driving around until dawn," He says, yawning and letting his entire body go limp and just relaxing.
"Your couch is a lot more comfortable than my bed at home anyway, I'd prefer to sleep here than home," He mumbles into the dark brown blanket. I then grab the television remote and turn it over to something that puts me to sleep.
"I'm turning on Ghost Adventures," I say and move my foot a little to see if he's awake.
"Hmm, okay," He mumbles. I turn it to one of my favorite recordings and then sink into the dark crimson couch. I dig myself under the blanket until I finally fall asleep to the stupid show.

(A/n: I know I said I would update this a long time ago, but I finally got to writing the rest. I went back and rewrote part of it and finished it. I have an idea for the next chapter. Thanks to YouTube, I got some of my inspiration back for this book!
I may be updating a little slow still, but I'll try and get a chapter out every week.
Oh, and more important news; I play volleyball now. I'm doing volleyball all summer. Conditioning, practice, camps, and tournaments all summer, so I don't know how fast my updating will be until about October... I know... so far away. Volleyball is a fall sport, and I have about no time off because I've got to practice tennis on my off times. I don't get weekends off until October.
Sorry guys. Just wanted say I'm busy this summer and the beginning of the school year...
-pitch)